TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 09-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Default Twisted Metal

Well, for those of you that saw me at Englishtown, you probably know that I didn't do much racing the second day. Here are a few pictures of why?
I'm kind of proud of myself. Noone does it like me!

This is what I saw when I pulled the motor. It looks just like someone laid the parts in there:

And I thought the 2004R didn't have a removable bellhousing:

Piston #5:

#6:

Part of the crank, and the mangled flywheel. Look how the bolts tried to tear their way through the holes in the flywheel:

I also, cracked the tranny case in several spots other than the bellhousing, and the tranny pump is cracked right in the middle. The crossover pipe didn't escape injury either. It has two pretty good sized holes in it, and is a bit flattened in spots. The tranny lines need replacing. When the tranny broke off, the lines got kinked and some flying debris put a hole or two in one. I had a busted motor mount and tranny mount. (Probably not related) I think the starter may have survived, but not sure. When I undid the first bolt, sections of the block and bellhousing fell out. If the block couldn't hold together, I'm not too sure the starter could take the abuse.
On a more positive note, the turbo still spins freely, and I got released early from jury duty.........Hey, that's all I got. Sorry.

Aaah stay tuned.

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.

Last edited by waGoN; 09-16-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Married Man

Ouch, daaamn, that looks a lot uglier than it did at the track. The transmission up close looks unbelievable. I have never seen a tranny case busted up so badly..
Old 09-17-2008, 11:26 AM
The Boss

too much power in that there w-a-G-o-N...............
Old 09-17-2008, 12:36 PM
I can't drive 55!

Brian, you really put a hurtin' on that engine and trans! I don't think I've seen a GN driveline blown up that bad! Sorry it happen to you. So what are your plans for the waGoN?
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 09-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

You think it looks bad in pictures, you should see what it looks like up close. It's kind of amazing how many cracks are in the case.
Ah, don't worry about it. I was due for a new motor anyways. I would have liked to still have this motor for another toy, but, oh well. I am working on piecing something together for the waGoN for Cecil. I'm hoping to get it together and in by then. I still haven't figured out a tranny yet. I have a couple of options on that. None perfect, but at least one that will work until I get a good one in there.

Plans? Well, the camshaft is still good I think, so that is going into the interim motor.
That reminds me. Jack, I need some Cometics for it if you are reading this. Just got off the phone with you.
Tranny, like I said, I have a couple of options for now.

Long term?
I'm going with a much stronger bottom end, and better rods and pistons. Those stock rods are supposed to be pretty strong, but they didn't exactly hold up to my abuse! The pistons just kind of fell apart too.
I'm kind of looking at a build similar to yours I think. I haven't figured out which heads to use yet though. This buildup came a little early and was a bit of a surprise, so I may have to cut a few corners. Not that I want to. But, I will make sure that the foundation for a good motor is there, and the rest can be done later. I am also looking at a 400 maybe. Jack said that tranny should be good, but did you see what I did to it. Apparently even a good tranny doesn't like being shot at by a cannon loaded with engine parts.

11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBabe View Post
too much power in that there w-a-G-o-N...............
Nah! If that was the case I wouldn't be planning a build for more. Can you ever have too much? I'm going to try to find out.
It must have been the cramp that I had that forced me to push the pedal down so hard and not let up.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:04 PM
2 Lemon Ades...

Default Damn !!

Brian, looks like your running out of weak links.....
Old 09-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Ya know, I have found the device that has been common to all of my broken parts. Now if I could only remove my right foot, then I could stop the breakage.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:38 AM

Thumbs up Can't wait for Cecil county

Brian ; I can't wait to see what you got cooked up for Cecil County ... Just one thing before I go don't forget to ... OH NEVERMIND. I'll see yah when I see yah .