TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > New Products

New Products Where we can share whats coming and you can tell us what you want...

Old 12-20-2007, 08:27 PM
Nitro boy

Ok Ok!!! I'll take one.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Nitro boy

Just an update. This is a very well thought out piece. Basically plug and play. It took about an hour for the install taking my time, (sans plugging it into the wastegate, cause I don't have one yet). It also fits/looks very good with the GN's interior.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:42 PM

lemme see some pics bry i wanna see how you did?
Old 01-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Nitro boy

I'll get some for you on Friday, along with some of my Kirkey seat mount. ( patent pending )
Old 01-29-2008, 01:56 PM
delinquent taxpayer

Friday came and went - how 'bout them pics? I'd like to see what the boost controller looks like installed.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Nitro boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo View Post
Friday came and went - how 'bout them pics? I'd like to see what the boost controller looks like installed.
I didn't mount the solenoids, 'cause I am waiting for the ext. gate to be done so I can figure out the best placement. If you want pics of the unit in the car, or the boost sensor placement, Brian or Jack will have to get those, 'cause they have my car.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:33 PM
delinquent taxpayer

gotcha - I'll try and get a looksee later this week.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:34 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo View Post
gotcha - I'll try and get a looksee later this week.
Get your butt over here and check it out in person..... don't forget the ingredients..
Old 01-30-2008, 06:17 PM
delinquent taxpayer

well I had tommorow inked in as the day but now it looks like I'm on duty until AFTER lunch.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:04 AM
Da Big Cheese

just installed one of these and its nearly identical to the msbc-1 units but with a nicer face
wish i could leave it at that but they also carried on the faults to this unit
same old issues with these as the msbc-1, nothing too bad

for the GN the harness leads to the solenoids need to be a few feet longer (like 6')
to reach the solenoids that work best when mounted close to gate , i mount them down beside the battery on the plastic fender liner just above the frame, its a pain to have to add 18 ft of wire to a harness (red ,blue and gray)
the 70s rc connectors used for the solenoids should be updated to weatherpak , those connections are under hood you know

at minimum it should include more of the contact pins (i only received 3 in the kit and you need atleast 4 ) and an 1/8 npt plug would be nice but since you have to run to parts store for some fittings no biggie
youll need to get fitttings to connect the solenoids together and to your gate but the parts list for them can vary since the unit can be plumbed in rubber hose or if prefered you could do it with braided steel -4 AN

for solenoid connections if using hose and installing the unit dual port manifold mode (with a dual port gate ofcourse) you'll need
about 5 ft of 1/4" hose
2pc 1/8" NPT - 1/4 hose (i use a right angle fitting for increase solenoid input )
2pc 1/8"NPT nipple and 1 pc 1/8"NPT tee (to connect inceease and decrease solenoids)
plastic or brass 1/4" hose tee ( for the source off compressor to split to wastgate and then to increase solenoid)
zipties

youll need the 1/4" fittings for the gate (most already have them )
as well as the 1/4 fitting on the turbo compressor outlet

for the map sensor it's a 5/32 fitting so youll need some 5/32 hose and a way to tap it into a manifold source
you can tee it into the boost gauge line in the car ( 1/8" plastic tee and some 1/8" rubber tubing) and mount the map sensor under the dash , it doesnt have much wire attached and its pre wired to connector so it needs to be close to your mounting location of the main control unit.

power feed and ground just need a spade terminal for 12vto plug into fuse box and a loop terminal for ground , wires are just about right length for putting controller under radio or dash

to take advantage of the multi timered stages and launch control its best to have it linked to the trans brake (a switch on shifter when in low for stageright brake) or if you footbrake you could wire into the brake lights and have it activate the launch mode when boosting at the line (with a switch inline to disconnect for street use) and then it will advance to the stages once you let off the brake and go , without the connection for launch the timers dont come to play but you still have an accurate boost control thats adjustable ,repeatable and reliable with easy to adjust 1psi adjustments and 18 selectable ramps,

oh and its also a digital boost gauge with data output wires for commanded boost and actual boost for your powerlogger to log

sorry guys i didnt snap any pics of the new face or the install, but i can get some of the msbc-1 12H i did in my 87.
the 87 ttop ,1.37 6.0@ 114 9.45 @ 141.9 25 psi !!
109 235cu .gn1 alum, certified roll cage .
the 87gnx'd FAST B2B TA49 ..back to all stock original #s 109 and trans hipro w stagerite
the 87 GN ttop ..all stock with vac brakes
86 WH1 mini tubbed roll caged 109, extreme 2004r
all on pump 93 and alkycontrol

Last edited by PaceCarTA; 02-03-2008 at 06:25 AM.