TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 06-14-2015, 11:45 PM

Default Noise

Hey, Jack.

Rattling noise after hard acceleration. Under normal driving, all is well. But if I push any real boost, when I back off, I hear a rattling noise from under the engine that lasts until the car cools down. If I park the car for an hour and restart it, its gone. After the noise starts, it stays with me while I'm stopped at a light or driving at a steady speed. If I get my RPM's above 2200 or so (light acceleration) it stops until I get back under 2000. My car is loud even at idle so its hard to pinpoint where it is coming from. I can't feel this problem at all. Engine & trans are smooth. All you have to do is hit the gas hard once, and the sound is there. I've tried turning off the meth just to see if that had anything to do with it, but nope. Still happens.

Your thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klxJKIJ9X_c
Old 06-15-2015, 12:08 PM
Married Man

Morning Brian,

2 things come to mind, something related to the flywheel, loose bolts or cracked flywheel. Also, possible thrust bearing, but most likely flywheel. If you get a chance, give me a call at the shop..