TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Miscellaneous > Customer Cars

Customer Cars Post up your rides!

Old 03-05-2009, 01:26 AM
I can't drive 55!

Default Body shop pics

I never posted any of my body shop pics before Jack got the car. Here are some of the first round pics of our car at the body shop. (Its in there again now getting repainted)

87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 03-05-2009, 12:49 PM

Is it being repainted AGAIN?...Seemed ok to me last time I saw it!......well, I understand that sometimes, when it's your own car, there are some little "things" you see that others (like me!) don't really notice...

See 'ya!

Claude.

P.S: I read your signature, and your setup is very, very similar to what I'll be getting this coming spring (except for a T/A block and 200-4R with an Art Carr converter...)...Can't wait!...
2012 Lincoln MKX

Last edited by toofastforyou; 03-05-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:23 PM
I can't drive 55!

Thanks Claude! Your car fly's now! I can't wait to see what you'll be turning this year! I would kill to have that T/A block. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the track!

I wasn't happy with the way the d/s door came out around the door lock and there was something going on with the paint on the deck lid, roof and the sail panels. It should be going into the spray booth tonight and getting painted Friday. They are finishing the rest of the prep work today.

Here are some pics I took yesterday at the body shop.

87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 03-07-2009, 04:42 PM
2 Lemon Ades...

Did they paint it yet ? How did it come out ?
Old 03-07-2009, 04:52 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_g View Post
Did they paint it yet ? How did it come out ?
Unfortunetly not.... I did move it from the body repair building to the front paint shop building on Friday. The windows are coming out, bumpers, hood, lights etc. From that point it will get rolled in the spray booth. He said Monday, but I'm thinking Tues, or Wed. Thanks for asking!

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 03-07-2009, 05:00 PM
2 Lemon Ades...

Cool I was just curious.. You explained what I was wondering..
I thought it was odd they were working around the quarter window glass. Especially considering how thorough they seem to be.
Spring fever is kicking in !
Old 03-07-2009, 07:48 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 View Post
Unfortunetly not.... I did move it from the body repair building to the front paint shop building on Friday. The windows are coming out, bumpers, hood, lights etc. From that point it will get rolled in the spray booth. He said Monday, but I'm thinking Tues, or Wed. Thanks for asking!
Mike, please post a few pics when it's done!...

Talk to you soon...

Claude.
2012 Lincoln MKX
Old 03-11-2009, 02:27 PM
delinquent taxpayer

Current Car Craft has a peice on a 60s nova that runs 8s and is a street driven show quality beauty. The rang a bell when writing most fast cars don't have great paint and most cars that look great aren't fast. They deducted this was unless you had been owner a LONG time and got both accomplished. They forgot to mention you could also be in that business..... I'm jealous - my plan was to paint when she turned 20 now I'm lookin at 25.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:00 PM
I can't drive 55!

I know! That's true, most really fast cars you see have more money in the drive train then in the body. I know it won't be "perfect" but I do want to get it back looking good....On that note, the car is painted and they still has to put the hood, bumpers, glass, etc back on. I was instructed not to come down until it was completely done! Believe me, I wanted to take pictures but I think I was making him to "nervous". Expecting it to be done for Friday....we'll see....

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Nitro boy

I always believed that you should let people do what they are good at, and not come a knocking!! I know I do better and faster work when not sidelined/distracted. I'm sure everthing will be just as you want when it's time!