TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 05-20-2010, 09:22 PM

Question Jack Tech ;

Hey Jack ; Es tu hermano de Ct. Hola ... I had a question for you , the voltage booster I got from Caspers years ago [about 6 yrs] whats the life on those things? I ran the car at LVD last weekend and noticed that the vollts did not get above 13.3 ... I noticed that the norm before was 14+... Is this going to hurt anything I need during a pass or two... Fuel , computer, etc.. Thanks
Old 05-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineborique View Post
Hey Jack ; Es tu hermano de Ct. Hola ... I had a question for you , the voltage booster I got from Caspers years ago [about 6 yrs] whats the life on those things? I ran the car at LVD last weekend and noticed that the vollts did not get above 13.3 ... I noticed that the norm before was 14+... Is this going to hurt anything I need during a pass or two... Fuel , computer, etc.. Thanks
Hey My Bro.... what up... sounds like maybe you did not have WOT, min 75% to kick the volt booster in... are you going to Muscleplalousa? We're going Sat and Sun...
Old 05-21-2010, 02:38 PM

Thumbs up 90 percent ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
Hey My Bro.... what up... sounds like maybe you did not have WOT, min 75% to kick the volt booster in... are you going to Muscleplalousa? We're going Sat and Sun...
Jack ; According to the log ... The TPS was at 90+ percent and still got the 13.3 volts max. I'll be there Saturday , party to go to Sunday ... I'll be looking for the Cotton camp to say hello & for some of that good tuning ...So it couldn't be the Casper' Voltbooster ? See Yah @ the track ... Tu Hermano
Old 05-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Jack ; According to the log ... The TPS was at 90+ percent and still got the 13.3 volts max. I'll be there Saturday , party to go to Sunday ... I'll be looking for the Cotton camp to say hello & for some of that good tuning ...So it couldn't be the Casper' Voltbooster ? See Yah @ the track ... Tu Hermano
Oh no, It could be, it's possible for sure... try unplugging it and go for a ride. see how it reacts, could be your alternator on the way out...
Old 05-23-2010, 09:06 PM

Question Went to track ...

I checked the oil after a couple passes ... found the oil to gray and white like a milkshake ...Looked in the valve covers and found it be the same milkshake like.. Help !!! Could it be a headgasket again ? Temp is OK and the car doesn't smoke .. it ran strong [10.50@129] Been a yr since Bobby went through it .... What other signs... Worried in Ct. Tu Hermano
Old 05-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Married Man

Quote:
I checked the oil after a couple passes ... found the oil to gray and white like a milkshake ...Looked in the valve covers and found it be the same milkshake like.. Help !!! Could it be a headgasket again ? Temp is OK and the car doesn't smoke .. it ran strong [10.50@129] Been a yr since Bobby went through it .... What other signs... Worried in Ct. Tu Hermano
Anytime we get a milkshake, it's not good. Could be several reasons for it. Can you come up with the car to the shop, we can take a look....
Old 05-24-2010, 02:51 PM

Default I'm gonna ...

Jack ; Thanks for the quick reply , I'm going to pull plugs and see if there' signs of antifreeze ... You got room up there for one more ? I'll keep U posted ... Thanks ; Tu Hermano
Old 05-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Married Man

Yes, get it up asap. I want to have you ready for LVD sat..
Old 05-25-2010, 02:02 AM

Smile OK

I checked the plugs , no antifreeze ... I'm gonna load it up ... be there before lunch ... Later ; Tu Hermano
Old 05-25-2010, 02:42 AM
Married Man

Quote:
I checked the plugs , no antifreeze ... I'm gonna load it up ... be there before lunch ... Later ; Tu Hermano
comon Bro... we be ready