TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Miscellaneous > Customer Cars

Customer Cars Post up your rides!

Old 02-08-2009, 04:31 PM
28lbs on pump gas! :)

Default 86' T-type

Here is my latest project, Project "GN-X-RAY"

It's a 1986 T-Type with grey leather seats with floor shift (supposed to be only 127 made with grey leather). The GNX fender louvers were already cut into the fender when purchased so I went with the Clone X-RAY theme. I didn't want to go with a GNX suspension because I belive for the cost that there is a better choice with todays technology. More than likely I will go with Air-Ride Technologys suspension..

Plans are to build a "Pro-Tour" / "Road Race" car that will handle with corvettes, mustangs on a road corse or at the Auto-X. Plans are to run 18"x 10" 3-piece racing rims front & rear, lower it 2", Disc brakes W/ cooling duct, Stainless steel Tiger cage (roll cage), Custom spoilers, Custom braces and much more!! Alot of stuff i'm designing myself and will market and sell on my website. YES the fender flares are planed to go on after the wheels get here.

The reason behind this decision is, G-bodys are left out when it comes to this area of automotive competition. People forget that they were in NASCAR years ago and done great! My old GN handled fantastic and I learned alot after doing that car and plan to make the necessary changes to this one in order to compete at a higher level.

EVERYTHING removed from the car will be kept to return back to stock in the future if need be.

Simple mods:

TE-44, 55lb injectors, 3" ATR stainless exhaust, Hot wire kit, Carillo rods, Frnt Mount I/C, RJC power plate, J/E pistons, drive shaft loop, South side uppers, Boxed lowers w/ poly bushings, 3" DP, 10" PTC (D.bradford) converter, rebuilt trans, H&R polly mounts, new polly bushings in front end, Reds XP pump/hot wire kit, Digital LED taillights from Myself, Custom fender braces (JW design), Custom radiator box in kit from me, Custom Billet Gauge bezels (one off design) ...
Has been 12.30 @ 115 on 19lbs boost with a 2.037 60' and street tires.. Good tires, More boost and good slicks will net some better times for sure.

Here are some recent pic's...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg _ARW0392.jpg (47.0 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg _ARW0396.jpg (50.1 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg _ARW0407.jpg (91.3 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg _ARW0445.jpg (55.6 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg GNX dash install.jpg (54.4 KB, 18 views)
1986 GN, 235cu. Bal & blueprinted 109 block, PT-70 gtq, Billit mains on 2&3, ARP main studs, J&E pistons/dry film coated w/ ceramic tops, Dry-Film coated bearings(rods,main,cam), M&A stage III alum heads-race ported-wire locked w/ARP studs, ATR headers, Hyd. flat tappet 221/218-525lift/cam, crower 1.65 roller rockers, race ported intake, 70mm Acufab TB, percision plenum,3"THDP, 85lb inj flow matched, P.T.E S/L IC, Razors ALKY kit, 9" 3800 N-stall N/L art-carr conv, Moser axles, H&R bar

Last edited by scot w.; 02-13-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:05 PM
never enough...

Very nice. I see the front air dams and the bumper impact strips are painted. What did you use to do this and make it stick and match? I have a set of GN bumpers that I want to paint white for my car, but not sure if I want the impact strips black or white. I do like the look of yours. Good job.

More pics and stuff

Last edited by turboG; 02-08-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:50 PM

gorgeous car....makes me miss my Cobra quite a bit...nothing like a gorgeous white car with black windows..nice job
Old 02-09-2009, 02:22 AM

Very nice
Old 02-13-2009, 11:20 AM

Sweet Ride!