TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 02-13-2010, 02:53 PM

Default Benefit for Marissa

Hello there,
My name is Chris. I am a Resource Officer in Chicopee, MA, at a middle school. At my school of almost 1000, I have a special little girl named Marissa. Marissa just turned 13 years old and has a severe seizure disorder. This disorder has affected many area of her life, as her seizures are severe and often come with no warning. It is because of this, that she rarely leaves the house, except to go to school. She fears the embarrassment of having a seizure in front of others. A benefit has been set up for March 19, 2010, from 6:30-midnight at the Castle of Knights in Chicopee, MA. The money raised will be used to purchase a seizure alert dog for Marissa. The cost of the dog is approximately $15,000. Tickets are only $20. While I realize that most of the TB community isn't in Western MA, I also know that there are those who have or know children who are sick. There is nothing worse than the feeling of helplessness when a child is sick, and you can do little to help. In this case, the dog is trained to detect changes in body chemistry before she has a seizure so steps can be taken to prevent one before it happens. I will list a website that has much more information on Marissa's story, but believe me when I tell you that this girl is very special to me, and is deserving of this dog so that she can attempt to have the independence every young girl dreams of having. For those who can't attend, but still would like to contribute, donations can be sent to Marissa Cox Benefit P.O. Box 207 Chicopee, MA 01021...the website you can visit is located at http://www.epstorm.blogspot.com/2009...eeds.html....i know its a long website, but definitely worth visiting...thanks in advance......on a side note, anyone going to the Cotton's Winter Party, i will be there, so if its easier you can see me there...
Old 02-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Married Man

Chris, I'm on it..... I'm touched and will see to it, I'll set up some kind of collection "at the door" where guys can make a donation. Between now and then, lets see if we can maybe come up with some ideas to help this young girl..
Old 02-13-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
Chris, I'm on it..... I'm touched and will see to it, I'll set up some kind of collection "at the door" where guys can make a donation. Between now and then, lets see if we can maybe come up with some ideas to help this young girl..
absolutely Jack..i stopped by yesterday to drop off some flyers, but Gerry said you guys were all gone....she is such a sweetheart, and means the world to me...she loves to color and fingerpaint with me, and you can't look at her without a huge smile coming to your face....thanks
Old 02-16-2010, 02:14 AM

Too bad there are many others in society that arent deemed "worthy" of our help....
Old 02-17-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke1 View Post
Too bad there are many others in society that arent deemed "worthy" of our help....
not sure what that means?
Old 02-20-2010, 08:26 PM

Just came from Cotton's Winter Party..just need to say a huge thanks to all who attended and contributed to Marissa's benefit....class acts all around....you raised $510 for a little girl you didn't even know....i'm very touched and I know Marissa and her family are very thankful.....the whole group of you add new meaning to going fast with class..thanks so much especially Jack, Lorrie, and the new Big Dawg in training, Taylor Couldn't have done it without you guys...
Chris

Last edited by whitecobra98; 02-21-2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: omission
Old 02-20-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecobra98 View Post
Just came from Cotton's Winter Party..just need to say a huge thanks to all who attended and contributed to Marissa's benefit....class acts all around....you raised $510 for a little girl you didn't even know....i'm very touched and I know Marissa and her family are very thankful.....the whole group of you add new meaning to going fast with class..thank so much
Chris
Jack is not only big guy, he also has a big heart. 510 is awesome.

Chris, you should also be recoginized for standing up to help this little girl.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Colalillo View Post
Jack is not only big guy, he also has a big heart. 510 is awesome.

Chris, you should also be recoginized for standing up to help this little girl.
i appreciate that but i'm not looking 4 recognition, i just want to help this little girl ...everyone who showed up definitely went a long way to achieving the goal...were u the Sam who had a huge part in making this happen with the raffle?
Old 02-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecobra98 View Post
i appreciate that but i'm not looking 4 recognition, i just want to help this little girl ...everyone who showed up definitely went a long way to achieving the goal...were u the Sam who had a huge part in making this happen with the raffle?
To answer your question Chris.. a BIG OLE YES!!! Sam called me sat morn and offered up one of his front air dams for the raffle. I was still in my own head trying to figure out how to promote helping this little girl. Sam's call was like hearing from the Gods!!! He immediately took the pressure off me by his generous offer. Sam is the owner of Compotition Components, making several kewl parts for our cars. The air dam, ac delete plate and ac delete shelf, Kirky seat mounting brackets and more.. Thanks Sam, you really helped a little girl to improve the quality of her life... and a big thank you to all the guys and girls that donated to this worthy cause!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:39 PM

And a BIG thank you Sam....when I walked in they told me Jack was looking for me..when he told me what you had done, and when I saw all the people lining up to buy raffle tickets, I was really touched..it is YOU who deserves to be recognized for stepping up and helping this girl....thanks again Sam