TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 11-02-2008, 01:28 AM
I can't drive 55!

Default Island Dragway

Well, we are heading out to Island Dragway tomorrow. Look's like it's going to be the last outing for Da Pinks Car this year. Should be a great day for racing. High of 54 and sunny. Hopefully we will report some good news tomorrow. I'll keep everyone posted....
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 11-02-2008, 01:32 AM

Good luck!!!Im anxious to see what that turbo can do when its maxed!
________
Los angeles dispensaries

Last edited by broke1; 08-15-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:36 AM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke1 View Post
Good luck!!!Im anxious to see what that turbo can do when its maxed!

Oh believe me, me too! This time I have my laptop charging the whole night so I can record every run.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 11-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Nitro boy

Good luck Michael!!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Nitro boy

Well, howd ya doo!
Old 11-03-2008, 12:27 AM
I can't drive 55!

Ok, so it was a crazy day to say the least. Actually, everything was going pretty smooth in the morning. Then, about ten minutes away from the track, Samantha, our youngest throws up all over herself,the car seat, my jacket, my wifes jacket and I'm not talkin' spit up, it was more like the Exorcist! So we had to pull over and clean her up and the car seat, put the rest of the carnage in a garbage bag and put it in the back of the bed. Oh man, it smelled pretty bad in the truck after that.

So, we get to the track and tech took forever. I left every thing alone from last time and went up 9.75 @138.98, got back and reviewed the run, same as last time with the boost this time it barely topped off at 24 psi in first gear and then leveled off between 21-22 psi the rest of that run. Had a little hiccup 1-2 gear again, driver error.

The next run left it alone again. This time cranked off a 9.56 @138.67, 60' 1.361! Best et and 60' to date!!! Reviewed that run with the laptop and boost just peaked at 23 psi in 1st and then leveled off at 21-22 psi again.

I checked the boost controller because I couldn't understand why it wasn't reaching the 26 psi I had on the boost controller. 1st gear was set at 26, then when I hit the 2nd button, it was set at 21 psi! The 3rd at 22 psi!
I looked up at my wife and brother and said you gotta be kidding me! I bumped the 2nd button to 26 psi and the 3rd to 26 psi. Now I was ready!

The last run I was anxious. Some one had just broke while we were in the lanes and we were sitting a while. I got up to the water box and I was waiting for the guy to motion to me to shake the tires. Well, he was talking to someone else. I had my head turned looking for him, when I turned back some one else had told me to shake them loose and do the burnout. I got up to the tree, and launched. I felt that the tires didn't grab nearly as good as it did the last run, it still felt good, but you know the whole run is in the 1st 60'.
I hit the return road and thought to my self oh well, at least I can review the run. I looked down at my toggle switch and AHHHHHHHH! I forgot to turn the damn logger on! Oh well. At least I got the first to runs in and figured out the boost "problem".

All in all it was a great day. The car ran awesome. Got alot of attetion with it and questions. I also met a guy with a Stage 2 motor in a RX-7 from PA. He bought the stroker kit from Jack and he ended running a 9.65 @138 with it.
Really sounded awesome to hear that Mazda with a Buick turbo 6 in it screaming down the track.

New best 9.44 @ 143!

Last edited by trbochrgd1; 11-03-2008 at 02:40 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:50 AM
I can't drive 55!

Default Here's a video of the 9.56 run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmPZMgSGe-Y

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Nitro boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 View Post
I checked the boost controller because I couldn't understand why it wasn't reaching the 26 psi I had on the boost controller. 1st gear was set at 26, then when I hit the 2nd button, it was set at 21 psi! The 3rd at 22 psi!
I looked up at my wife and brother and said you gotta be kidding me! I bumped the 2nd button to 26 psi and the 3rd to 26 psi. Now I was ready!
Those are some solid runs Michael, and that 60 is fantastic. Are you still running the old slicks? How are you triggering the boost controller for gear changes? Hope the ride home was better!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Married Man

Wow Mike... looked awsome. Sorry I missed ya, just got back from OC,Ok. Would have loved to be there. Looks like the boost is not going above 21lbs. Time for the CO2 bottle or we may need to put a little pressure on the top of the wastegate by putting a few turns on the bolt on top of the cover. We have one more Buick event at Atco the 23rd. I think I'm going for one last run and maybe crank it up..... can we swing it...
Old 11-03-2008, 05:17 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHynes View Post
Those are some solid runs Michael, and that 60 is fantastic. Are you still running the old slicks? How are you triggering the boost controller for gear changes? Hope the ride home was better!
I am stilling running the old slicks. I think next year the first thing I have to do is get new sneakers. They have to be at least six years old!

Now that is a good question about the triggering with the boost controller. I don't know! I have to ask Jack about that. I just assumed it does it off of rpm or map vacuum.

The ride home was better, thanks! I think she got car sick, she was fine after that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
Wow Mike... looked awsome. Sorry I missed ya, just got back from OC,Ok. Would have loved to be there. Looks like the boost is not going above 21lbs. Time for the CO2 bottle or we may need to put a little pressure on the top of the wastegate by putting a few turns on the bolt on top of the cover. We have one more Buick event at Atco the 23rd. I think I'm going for one last run and maybe crank it up..... can we swing it...
Thanks Jack, I sent over the GCT file's to you and faxed over the time slips. I would love to go down to Atco but I think we are done this year. The rest of this month is booked up for us.

Is that boost controller set up to have different stages of boost, or was the 2nd button set at 21 psi and the 3rd button set at 22 psi a coincidence? I guess even if it was hooked up that way it should have reached 26 psi in 1st and it certainly never did. I guess that will be the first thing to tackle next year.(besides the slicks)

New best 9.44 @ 143!