TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Miscellaneous > Customer Cars

Customer Cars Post up your rides!

Old 12-22-2007, 12:34 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
That's a nice lookin car..... looks like the body is in good shape..... and I like the color..... we may need to drop a motor in there for the wife...
Thanks! It was bitter sweet taking the motor & trans out of that car. I had the car since 1997. It was unique. I have more pics of it somewhere.

If you still have the GM HIghtech performance magazine "Camaro Crazy", the one with a red camaro on the front of it, from September 1999 there was a small picture of it on page 32 and a small little write up about it from one of the hightech performance meets at E-town. Johnny Hunkins interviewed me.

I think it will be our next project car after mine is done. It already has a rollbar in it, and I still have the 70 GTQ with the atr down pipe, gate, front mount,72 lbs injectors... Keep an eye out there for me. I gotta get mine finished first!
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 12-22-2007, 11:26 PM
I can't drive 55!

Jack,
You know I was thinking.... Isn't Joe from Long Island going to have a engine and trans that he is taking out for that stage 2? Maybe when the time comes I could talk to him about it?
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 12-23-2007, 12:15 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 View Post
Jack,
You know I was thinking.... Isn't Joe from Long Island going to have a engine and trans that he is taking out for that stage 2? Maybe when the time comes I could talk to him about it?
I already put my mark on it, going to use it toward the cost of the work... but, hey, we can talk. Either way, we'll get something nice for that GP... I like that car.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:41 AM
I can't drive 55!

[QUOTE=JCotton1;385]I already put my mark on it, going to use it toward the cost of the work... but, hey, we can talk.

Cool, I am sure we can work something out.

Either way, we'll get something nice for that GP... I like that car.

Thanks, I just spoke to my brother he has a ton of pics of the GP at Island Dragway. A few really good launch pics. He's get me them tomorrow. I'll post them as soon as I get em'!

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 12-25-2007, 11:27 PM
I can't drive 55!

Default More GP pics

Got some more pics, the more I look at these the quicker I want to finish my car and find a motor and trans for GP! The last shot was of the GN and the srt-4 which met it's destiny on 10-10-07 R.I.P.!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grand prix launch 1.jpg (17.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg grand prix launch 2.jpg (17.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg on trailer with Teddy.jpg (14.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg top view gn.JPG (34.1 KB, 25 views)

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 02-16-2008, 06:22 AM
I can't drive 55!

Default Update!

I know it's been awhile, but I have some pics! I got 2 of the engine and 2 of the fuel cell. Jack, Brian, everything worked out good that you sent me. Just had to get a couple odds and ends from the local speed shop. I put the post filter right in front of the fuel pump like you said. It worked out good.

Brian Hynes, thanks for the pic's of your fuel cell set up. If you take notice I have your pictures in the trunk that I printed out when we were setting the whole thing up it was very helpfull.

Now I just need one more piece of the puzzle! I can't wait to get this baby is fired up. Now it's getting exciting!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GN Engine one.jpg (89.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg GN Engine two.jpg (97.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg GN fuel cell.jpg (82.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg GN fuel cell two.jpg (82.2 KB, 20 views)

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 02-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Nitro boy

Glad I could help. Are you going to be at Jacks this coming weekend?
Old 02-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Married Man

Looks great Mike, don't forget we'll need to put a fire wall behind the rear seat..
Old 02-17-2008, 04:21 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHynes View Post
Glad I could help. Are you going to be at Jacks this coming weekend?
We have every intention of making it. But as you know with kids anything can happen! We are really looking forward to it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
Looks great Mike, don't forget we'll need to put a fire wall behind the rear seat..
Thanks Jack, I think I am going to try photobucket, when I reduce the size of the pictures the quality/detail is lost. The pictures of the enigne don't do it justice. It's really lookin good now since the fuel lines/rails are in.

When we come up, will bring a camera to take some pics for ideas on the fire wall.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 03-01-2008, 03:06 AM
I can't drive 55!

Default Updated pics

Took a few pics tonight, just going over everything in the engine compartment making sure everything was tight. Also 2 pics of the massive Cottons intercooler! My God it looks huge! I should be loading the car into the trailer soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg updated Engine pic.jpg (83.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Cottons Front mount.jpg (84.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Cottons front mount 2.jpg (85.3 KB, 15 views)

New best 9.44 @ 143!