TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > Races, Events & Announcements

Old 08-01-2008, 02:02 PM
The Boss

Default BPG Updates**********

We would hope someone attending will keep us updated with times and news from Columbus......

Thanks....
Old 08-02-2008, 10:21 PM

x 2.

You guys gonna be in Noble?
Old 08-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregn View Post
x 2.

You guys gonna be in Noble?
There's a good chance I will at least fly out to work with some customers, but I will try to get the Pumpkin out there if I can find the money to get it there... oh ya and the 2-3 days of driving each way...
Old 08-03-2008, 06:20 PM

Good Deal, thats just a few hours south of me
Old 08-03-2008, 06:21 PM

Rezes dropped/broke a valve and had tranny issues..........

Last I heard, Dave Fiscus broke a timing belt so it was Ted A and Chris Lyons in TSO. Jason White and Don Cruz went side by side 9.55's yesterday.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Married Man

Got some updates for ya'll.... Jason White wins TSM over Steve Hughes, congrats Jason!!! I think Jason may have been using one of our new TSM/TSO Terminator ICers.... Don Cruz got beat off the line by Steve losing to a slower ET.

As for TSO, looks like it was kind of a joke with 2 cars qualified and one of them winning.....

Sounds like there was a bit of controversy surrounding the TSM/TSO class.... but nothing I want to get involved in...
Old 08-12-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post

As for TSO, looks like it was kind of a joke with 2 cars qualified and one of them winning.....

Sounds like there was a bit of controversy surrounding the TSM/TSO class.... but nothing I want to get involved in...
The race was a joke? The only joke is the people who sit around bitching and never show up and do nothing to support the classes financially or constructively. The joke certainly isn't the dedicated racers who make spend the money and make the effort to be there.

Controversy? None I'm aware of. Event was a good time and I think most who were actually there would agree. BTW in TSO 5 cars showed 3 qualified 2 broke one DNQ.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbobuick View Post
The race was a joke? The only joke is the people who sit around bitching and never show up and do nothing to support the classes financially or constructively. The joke certainly isn't the dedicated racers who make spend the money and make the effort to be there.

Controversy? None I'm aware of. Event was a good time and I think most who were actually there would agree. BTW in TSO 5 cars showed 3 qualified 2 broke one DNQ.
Funny chit there Chris.... Wow.. 5 cars showed up... doesn't sound like much of a showing considering what was supposed to be out there. Your right, where are all the heavy hitters that made the rules, why don't you ask them where they were. I've been running in that class since the beginning when it was TSE, not to mention sponsoring it. I don't like the direction you have brought it, the politics, the general BS, and other areas, so I'm out... pretty simple explanation. Your explanation on the TB board as to payouts was way out of line and absolutely unexceptable for me. It's your class now, I tried to help, you didn't want it and now I feel as though it is fading fast. Not because I didn't sponsor or show up... obviously others didn't either. Hence my comment, sad but true. Oh ya, you want to talk about dedication, I don't think anyone would question my dedication and support to both the racers and the events over the many years I have been involved.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:19 AM
I can't drive 55!

You know I was thinking about getting involved with the TSO or the TSM races but this is exactly why I rather not. I am sure that I am not alone. I have heard (and read it in posts) it is nothing but a bunch of politics and BS. But now this assures it for me. I rather build car and see how fast it is going to take me. I don't care if it is "TSO" trim or "TSM" trim. Looking at some of the other post's on those boards there are times you get pounced on if you say the wrong thing. Maybe that's the reason why people are losing interest in those classes. Sounds like to me Jack hit it on the head. Maybe some of us forgot why we got into this, for me it was the love of Buicks and being apart of a great community. I would hate for a handfull of people to spoil it for the rest.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Married Man

I know Mike, the class concepts are good. Unfortunately, trying to organize and run them from within is difficult and I have to say, Chris has tried to do a good job. Obviously something is not working. Hopefully he will figure it out and fix it.