TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Technical Forums > Electronic Tuning

Electronic Tuning Chips, scan tools, aftermarket engine management

Old 09-11-2008, 07:51 PM

Default Is XFI better than the stock ecm?

LOL
Sorry Jack, couldn't resist........
Just trying to get ya all revved up......
Powerstroke IC, Forged Stroker,GN 1's,Razor alky, XFI, 3.5" DP, Extrm stg2 tranny,TA Headers
PTC 9.5 N/L 3400 stall
Old 09-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

I'm not Jack, but I can answer that, after having contributed to the discussion on the other list.
OK, here is the undisputed answer. You won't find one any better than this, so you can stop looking now. And the answer is:
Yes. Well, actually, No. Well, Maybe. It depends on your intentions, your abilities, your upgrades, your willingness to learn(both sides of the coin) and the support available(again, for both sides).
There. Got it? Now don't make me repeat myself. I can't make it any clearer than that.
Jack, no need to respond. You can lock this thread now. I have already started engraving it into a stone in my back yard.

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:05 AM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waGoN View Post
I'm not Jack, but I can answer that, after having contributed to the discussion on the other list.
OK, here is the undisputed answer. You won't find one any better than this, so you can stop looking now. And the answer is:
Yes. Well, actually, No. Well, Maybe. It depends on your intentions, your abilities, your upgrades, your willingness to learn(both sides of the coin) and the support available(again, for both sides).
There. Got it? Now don't make me repeat myself. I can't make it any clearer than that.
Jack, no need to respond. You can lock this thread now. I have already started engraving it into a stone in my back yard.
Brian, you are too funny! I think you hit the nail on the head tho! Both serve there purposes. I just preferr the XFI myself for obvious reasons....
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 09-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Married Man

Hahaha, you guys are too much... we all know how I feel about FAST... it's the best!! Nothing wrong with chip and stock computers, just makes no sense to me why anyone would spend all the money to "TRY" to accomplish what an XFI does effortlessly. If one is serious about their car and really wants superior tunability, XFI is by far the easiest and safest way to go with endless cabilities as well. For me I draw the line at a basic chip and computer, if one wants a WBO2, or more of the tunable chips, upgraded computer drivers for the bigger injectors or any of the other stock computer goodies, why in Gods name would you not just buy an XFI and be done with it? It's plug and play, comes with a good starter program and has all the features one would want for tuning and for daily street drivability. It is by far easier to tune than a chip, the "box" does not take a dump like the stock computer can, the O2 with on the fly automatic correction of the fuel map is a basic part of the FAST, it has sequential fuel injection, can be used on almost any car made, is easily tuned with nothing more than a basic computer and I believe is easier to understand and make adjustments with than any chip controlled system out there.. shall I continue....
Old 09-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Nitro boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSLN 6 View Post
LOL
Sorry Jack, couldn't resist........
Just trying to get ya all revved up......
WEEEEEELLLLLL, you got your wish. Jacks wound!
Old 09-12-2008, 01:44 PM

Mooooohahahhaha my plan is working perfectly.....
Jack you should send me an xfi for free just to prove your point.
That would teach me!
Powerstroke IC, Forged Stroker,GN 1's,Razor alky, XFI, 3.5" DP, Extrm stg2 tranny,TA Headers
PTC 9.5 N/L 3400 stall