TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Technical Forums > Transmissions and Torque Converters

Transmissions and Torque Converters Tranny and torque converter tech support

Old 12-13-2007, 08:09 PM

Default convertor selection

I know convertor selection can make a noticeable difference in performance. Im looking for the right one for my car. My LC2 is all stock long block, with a 67 turbo(just put on, havent ran with it yet. Had a TE60) 50# inj, fuel pump hot wired,RJC plate, and a dutt necked IC. I ran the TE60 with a D5 restalled to 3k. The best I did was 12.02@113. I could never really get good 60' times, (I have MT DR's), usually 1.80 with a best ever of 1.77. What convertor/stall would suit me best?
Old 12-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-typex1 View Post
I know convertor selection can make a noticeable difference in performance. Im looking for the right one for my car. My LC2 is all stock long block, with a 67 turbo(just put on, havent ran with it yet. Had a TE60) 50# inj, fuel pump hot wired,RJC plate, and a dutt necked IC. I ran the TE60 with a D5 restalled to 3k. The best I did was 12.02@113. I could never really get good 60' times, (I have MT DR's), usually 1.80 with a best ever of 1.77. What convertor/stall would suit me best?
I'd recommend one of our 9" to 10" convertor, from 3200 to 3600 stall. Since you have a stock headed motor, you'll need more stall. Just installing a good convertor with your 60 turbo, you could have run well into the 11's. Good converter plus traction makes all the differance in the world.. I'd need more info and wether you would prefer L\u or non L\U... to narrow the choice down..
hope that helps,