TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 03-16-2010, 11:24 PM

Question How much in the tank ?

Jack ; What up Hermano ? Took the car out for a spin the other day .... 1st of the year , I know I had a full tank ... the needle was bouncing around ... when it finally settled it stopped at half tank .... Remember there was a full tank before storage .Sending unit ? What do you think ? Anyway , I looked on ebay and they had a new one for around 170.00 ... Too much ??? What do you think ... Tu Hermano en Ct.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Too much.
I have heard that the alcohol in the fuel has caused alot of sending units to go bad. I just heard that, I don't know if that is really happening, but my chevy pickup does the same thing.
Oh, and, yes, that is too much. I have seen them for $140.

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:48 PM

Thumbs up Donde [Where] ?

Thanks; What are U gonna brake this year ? Everything good with U ? Where have U seen the part for 140.00 ? Thanks U R always so helpful.... See Yah @ the track . Tu Hermano
Old 03-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

PM'd you the link.
Well, if I don't get my new motor in, then I don't think I'll break much of anything. The current combination in the car doesn't have the power that I need to break much, and it's too boring to even bother charging the battery in the waGoN.
I need to change the turbo, or the converter, in order to even get out of the hole fast. Car time is limited, so I don't feel like wasting it on this boring combination. Plus, I broke the truck last year on my way home from Musclepalooza, and haven't gotten another motor in it yet. The replacement motor is sitting in the garage, but have been waiting for warmer weather to put it in. Looks like that may be soon.
Plus, I got laid off two weeks ago, so I haven't been looking to spend any unnecessary money. BUT, since I start my new job on Monday, I am ready again. A little bit of a salary increase, and more vacation time, means I might actually be spending some time at the track this year.

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:22 PM

Thumbs up Congrats & Thanks

Congrats on the new position , and as far the combo goes looks like I got a shot off the line ... See yah @ the track