TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Technical Forums > Buick Turbo Tech

Buick Turbo Tech General technical support for the 86-87 Buick turbo cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2010, 06:23 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Default Fuel system ??

OK, Jack says that my fuel system needs some upgrading. I agree. I am using the same Walbro from when I built the car 10 years ago, and I'm upgrading the motor a bit, so need to upgrade the fuel system at the same time. I was just pricing the parts, but have a few questions.

I may sump the tank, since I have no trunk to put a cell, so even with a cell mounted underneath, it becomes a challenge to get fuel into it.

I am planning to get the Aeromotive for a pump. Should I go with the A1000 or the Eliminator? The A1000 is cheaper, but not if I have to upgrade later.
F.A.S.T. on the other hand has a fuel system kit which may save a couple of dollars in the end, but is the pump any good.

For line size: What sizes do I want?
This is what I am guessing I should use, but guessing isn't always fun when working with flammables.
-10AN from the tank to the pump, and from pump to the filter
-8AN from the 'Y' to the fuel rails
-8AN from rails to regulator (or can I use -6AN)
-6AN from regulator to the tank

I may start off using the factory fuel rails just to save some money up front, but then that would be a few wasted fittings and hose, so that wouldn't save me in the long run.

Also, is the factory return line sufficient, or do I have to run a new one? That is one way that I could save in the present without spending more by upgrading in the future.

Looking for ideas to do it right, without blowing all of my money on it.
I don't mind upgrading some parts later'but not if it means spending more overall, because I am buying some things twice.

Sooooo, suggestions, ideas?? Thanks.

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.