TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > Races, Events & Announcements

Old 03-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Married Man

Default Buick Shootout, June 21st, New England Dragway

PRESS RELEASE/21 March 2008

Charlestown, RI……Jerry Lowell of Razorback Racing is pleased to announce that on June 21, 2008, at New England Dragway, he will be promoting Razorback Racing’s Buick Shootout….an “all Buick Event” with a $2,000. purse based on a 32 car field, trophies and cookout, plus much more!

The Buick Shootout will be bracket racing with a pro stock ladder format, giving all entrants a more equal playing field.

Information on the Buick Shootout will be listed on our new website which is launching April 1st: www.razorbackracing.com – check the website for racing application, sponsor information, racing payout and rules.

What better way to bring all the diehard Buick owners back to the front lines in the racing arena then by joining us at the New England Dragway on June 21st for Razorback Racing’s Buick Shootout!

For more information, contact: Lorraine Garvey, Event Manager, lorraine@razorbackracing.com
Old 03-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Nitro boy

Darn, too bad this conflicts with the Nats @ Englishtown.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:33 PM
delinquent taxpayer

I hear ya. I'm taking a truckload of 11 year old boys down to Etown. Getting out of school early Friday and arriving ET by 5-6pm for various qualifying but mainly going to see the nitro cars Q session after dark

It's been a 6 or so years since we last went - this time I'll take gas masks for the walk thru pits.

If I can get that whole weekend off I'll trek up to NH the next day.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:45 PM

You, or at least I, can't print the page with the event info on it, but the application/registration page prints fine. This is a great event for Buick folks in the Northeast. Let's see who's willing to come out and actually RACE their Buick.

87 TType, XFI, 66-BB, Alky, MT DRs
11.0 @ 120
Old 03-31-2008, 06:46 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Bob,
I can forward you that page when I get home if you want. I also have the sponsor sign up sheet in case you are feeling generous.
I just talked to Jerry the other night. Any questions, let me know.
Jerry said that we will have an area in the pits assigned for us. They are going to allow us to grill and cook our own food. Razorback Racing will be providing dogs and burgers to the participants. I think someone may be bringing some of the now world famous NEBRA soda. ;-)
We will be using the Pro Stock Ladder format.
Based on our time trial times, #1 will be going against #16, and #17 will be going against #32. This should make it more interesting, and better than having a 13 second car go against an 8 second car.
There will be other items given away as well as the money from the purse. Jerry is working on some other stuff for all participants, and I am looking at a couple of things too. I just don't want to say anything until we have it all worked out.
It is $25 to run in the Buick Shootout, if you register and pay by June 1st. After June 1st, and the day of, it will be $35. Still one hell of a bargain if you ask me. That small fee and you have a chance to win $1000 for first place! I have more details, but they are in this dark place I call a mind, and can't fish them all out right now.
This is a great opportunity to get something Buick going again in our neck of the woods.

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Soooo, who here is interested? I will be attending, in fact, I got drafted to cook somehow. You know they must be having plenty of food. Otherwise they wouldn't even think of letting me near it.

11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

OK, everyone, I just got off the phone with Jerry. He said that he just ordered up the T-shirts, and he is planning out the food as we speak. It's going to be a great time. Let's see, Buicks, racing and food, how can it not be great??
Anyways, in order to help Jerry plan this, I'd like to know who is planning on coming.
If you know you are coming, let us know, if you know you want to come, but aren't sure you can make it, let us know. If you really want to come, but can't, we don't care and don't want to hear from you! Just kidding, and too bad you are going to miss it. Like I said it's going to be a blast!

So, who is definately coming, who is probably coming and who is maybe coming? We need some idea on the total. We can't buy 20 hamburgers and feed 50. Well, we can, but someone is going to be hungry!!
Did I mention that as well as getting a T-shirt, the participants are also going to be fed? I will also have a few cases of my custom Buick Racing soda! Yes, that's right, Buick Racing Soda!
If you haven't already mailed in your check, do it today, so that you can beat the deadline. After the first, you no longer get the early bird special. Either way, it is still one heck of a bargain, and a great chance to take home a decent kitty.
Any questions, just ask.

Last edited by waGoN; 05-30-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Well?

Old 06-03-2008, 02:26 AM

You know I'm in with my slow 11.5 sec. car...

87 TType, XFI, 66-BB, Alky, MT DRs
11.0 @ 120
Old 06-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Anyone else? I promise to help feed you. Well, I'll help Jerry feed you.
Me? I'm going home and take the car apart.
Oh, and I plan on putting it back together too. I will be ready for this one.