TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > Races, Events & Announcements

Old 06-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Married Man

We'll be there with the Pumpkin and maybe a few more shop cars. I have several customers planning to go. I'm sure there will be a good showing. It's been a long time since we've had a Buick meet in the northeast...
Old 06-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Nitro boy

I'll be thinking of you guys while I'm @ E-town snorting some NITRO. Will there be another meet this fall?
Old 06-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Well, that's good news, Jack. Of course, I knew you'd be there. A Buick event without the Pumpkin just wouldn't be the same.
The waGoN should be ready. I finally put on the H&R bar yesterday. I would have finished swapping out the plugs, but Lorraine called, and then Arlene and I decided to go outside and look for the fox that keeps running through our yard. Cute little bugger, and apparently smart enough to not run in front of cars.

Anyways, Big Dawg, when you set up the H&R bar, do you usually set any preload on it? I know the instructions say none, and that the 8-9 second cars sometimes like 2 turns, so since my car is special, I decided to preload it one turn. My car acts like the faster ones even though it isn't. Maybe I can keep some of the twist out of it, and keep my wheel well molding straight, or should I say curved.
Well, Arlene and I are heading out soon to look into food/drinks for this thing, so, talk to you later.

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHynes View Post
I'll be thinking of you guys while I'm @ E-town snorting some NITRO. Will there be another meet this fall?
Yes.

Jerry has a date with NED setup for sometime in September I think.

After talking to Lorraine yesterday, it sounds like they are going to have their desired minimum participants this first time around, which means the second one should be even better. Not to mention, September is better weather for our cars. Coooooooooler!

11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:16 PM

Talking Put me in ..... On the 21st.

Hey guys I think I can make it to NED on the 21st . So put me in , besides me and the wagon have unfinished business ..... All I saw was tail lights . See yah there . Later
Old 06-18-2008, 05:28 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineborique View Post
Hey guys I think I can make it to NED on the 21st . So put me in , besides me and the wagon have unfinished business ..... All I saw was tail lights . See yah there . Later
You must have been driving the Camaro.....the Mustang.......at least that is what those guys are always telling me.

See ya Saturday. I was talking to Jerry yesterday. Just so noone gets lost, when you get there look for his sign right after you pass the gas shack on the right. He/we will all be camping out there on the grass. Jerry will be there first thing. I'll try and show up early and wake him.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineborique View Post
Yeah, but if I recall correctly, you went by so fast at the top end, that you took more paint of my side view mirror.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:47 AM

Hey Brian ; How's the tranny ? What did you have in that thing anyway ? Stock ? I bet the fuild smelled nice . See yah at track Angel
Old 07-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Stock?? Nah, that thing tears up the performance ones. We just upgraded it to billet internals, but we just added them to the tranny, we didn't go all through it. I'm not sure it is the tranny though. I think the splines in the driveshaft yoke are twisted, because the driveshaft won't go into the tranny. I think on my 20-ish pound launch, when the car squatted, it pushed the driveshaft into the tranny, and possibly caused it to lock up. Either that, or it caused it to internally destruct, or maybe the rear end blew up. I am going to try to make a spot for it in the garage today so that I can get it out of the trailer, but other stuff is trying to keep me away from it. My daily driver is acting up. My daily driver 83 Malibu wagon with 160,000 miles and a 229cu.in. just isn't running right. I guess I'm going to have to put a battery in the GN and drive that. I guess it won't be too bad.
Anyways, I hope to have an idea, or possible even have it repaired this week.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Wow, forgot this post was out here. The tranny was all messed up.
I pulled the drive shaft, and the splines on the yoke were twisted pretty bad. So, everytime the car squatted, the yoke was pushing on the tailshaft and eventually the tranny had enough, and something broke. I replaced the driveshaft, and Jack got the tranny all straightened out. He gave me a handful of busted metal parts when I picked it up. Shifts great now, and this weekend I should be able to test it out and hopefully get that 10 that I have been trying for.
So, if anyone has trouble getting their driveshaft to slide into the tranny, check for a twisted yoke. It can be hazardous to your tranny's health.