TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Technical Forums > Buick Turbo Tech

Buick Turbo Tech General technical support for the 86-87 Buick turbo cars

Old 08-17-2008, 09:59 PM

ok guy,this is what has been done by my mechanic from the last post i did.he had reset cam sensor per instruction jack has givin on this forum.did checked spark and fuel and looks good i also have a fuel gauge on fuel rail.which shows
im getting fuel.also when hammering the gas pedal i notice that my boost is going back to 18 psi which is where i had it set before,for some reason the overboosting problem isnt there anymore which make me happy,but still the car feels slow and noticing some back fire when i get on and off the gas. CAR IS VERY SLUGGISH OUT OF THE HOLE.ALSO IT APPEAR THAT MY NEW T49 TURBO IS STARTING TO LEAK OIL IN THE EXHUAST SYSTEM.What else can i due to fix this problem with the back firing,And yes we disconnect the cam sensor after starting the car and went for a 30 minute ride and appears to be the same
210/210 DLS roller cam kit,2 1/2 hookers exhaust,test pipe,t49 turbo @ 20psi,42LB,billet adj fuel regulator,adj waste gate, tt chip,160 thermostat,hot wire kit,torque strap,boost&vac gauge,knock gauge,,billet aluminum vacuum block,17'' budnik wheels,Scanmaster,LT1 MAF,Translator,Vigilante 9 1/2 torque converter 2800 TO 3200 stall,trans cooler,Jimmy's rebuild trans,walbro fuel pump,PTE stock location ic,37,000plus miles

and maybe alky to be a little slower
Old 08-18-2008, 02:40 AM
Married Man

if it's popping, do you have a cam lobe going bad? Turbo smoking, maybe cam lobe bad, metal floating through the oil and takes out the turbo....
Old 08-18-2008, 02:08 PM
2 Lemon Ades...

It sounds like its time for a Dr Appointment. New turbo or not seals sound like theyre Gone... Jack hit it on the head IF the cam lobe is wiped. The contaminated oil will make short work of the seals/bearing on the turbo
The reason why Brian and I told you to run it with the cam sensor unplugged was to eliminate it from your existing problem. Maybe you can find someone to loan you a proven MAF. Sometimes the new aftermarket mafs do not perform like the GM units did
Btw Its not guy its Mike...
Old 08-19-2008, 01:07 AM

By What You Guys Are Saying Its Time For A Real Gn Mechanic To Look At My Gn To Fix The Problem.only Problem That Im Going To Have Is Finding One Here In Chicago.a Couple Of Years Back We Had Ans Performance That Pretty Much Was The Mid West Guy To Go Too.
Hey Guys,just Want To Thank You Guys For All The Great Infor
And Willing To Help Out Ones From Far Aways:d
210/210 DLS roller cam kit,2 1/2 hookers exhaust,test pipe,t49 turbo @ 20psi,42LB,billet adj fuel regulator,adj waste gate, tt chip,160 thermostat,hot wire kit,torque strap,boost&vac gauge,knock gauge,,billet aluminum vacuum block,17'' budnik wheels,Scanmaster,LT1 MAF,Translator,Vigilante 9 1/2 torque converter 2800 TO 3200 stall,trans cooler,Jimmy's rebuild trans,walbro fuel pump,PTE stock location ic,37,000plus miles

Old 08-19-2008, 01:54 AM

If It Becomes A Wipe Lobe What Due You Guys Think This Would Cost
$3000,$4000 Or More

Old 08-19-2008, 09:07 AM
2 Lemon Ades...

There's got to be someone who could help you out there. Setting cam sensors can be a pain. Im curious how did you determine the cam sensor went bad ? To be honest it doesnt sound right in a 36,000 mile car.
What did you replace the maf with ? I think Jack would agree, most over the counter mafs are... um ok, not great. Sad thing is they arent cheap.
A bad coilpack/control module could also cause a poping issue. I would see if there is another GN owner out your way. Most GN guys are willing to help out. Maybe they will let you do some part swapping.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:51 PM

coilpack,module,cam,crank,maf, map and every other sensor that i installed in the car is all oem part not reman parts. for the most part i have double of all sensor that the original owner gave me and some hard to find parts.for some reason i new that my cam sensor went bad just by the way it wanted to start.i had the coilpack,crank,fuel ect tested and that how i found that the cam was out.believe me my gn is 1000% rust free and looks like it came off the assembly line from the plant in Pontiac Michigan where it was born

As far as finding gn mechanic here im out of luck,a lot of great people here willing to help but not engine builders just good handy man that learn how to work on their gn.I spoke to casper electronics and asked him if he new anyone in chicagoland area.John from casper is about 30 minutes drive from me. he told me he had no one that he new that can due the work here in chicago.i believe his motor was build from a guy in florida not local
My gn is used just for cruise spots and car shows not racing her down the track.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Married Man

Loooks like it could be time for a Road Trip...... I'm in Mass...
Old 08-20-2008, 08:34 PM

Hey Jack, In Due Time My Baby Will Be In Your Hands Just Needs To Up Some Money