TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 06-15-2009, 03:50 PM

Default Golf cart and bad gas

For those of you that were at Musclepalooza at LVD last month, you know the trouble I had with the golf cart. We thought it was tht fuel pump, so when we returned we got a new one, replaced the vacuum lines with real fuel lines and still no start. Turned out that one of the valves was frozen in the guide due to bad gas. All better now but only will run race gas from now on. None of that Ethanol stuff. There is an additive that is SUPPOSED to work (NOT Sta-Bil). It can be had at CAP and looks like blue windshield washer fluid. The small engine guy that fixed the heads said it actually works. He says the Sta-Bil one only lasts for about one month. I'll probably add it to the gas I run in the Buick as well, at least for the last runs of the season.

87 TType, XFI, 66-BB, Alky, MT DRs
11.0 @ 120
Old 06-16-2009, 11:05 AM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
For those of you that were at Musclepalooza at LVD last month, you know the trouble I had with the golf cart. We thought it was tht fuel pump, so when we returned we got a new one, replaced the vacuum lines with real fuel lines and still no start. Turned out that one of the valves was frozen in the guide due to bad gas. All better now but only will run race gas from now on. None of that Ethanol stuff. There is an additive that is SUPPOSED to work (NOT Sta-Bil). It can be had at CAP and looks like blue windshield washer fluid. The small engine guy that fixed the heads said it actually works. He says the Sta-Bil one only lasts for about one month. I'll probably add it to the gas I run in the Buick as well, at least for the last runs of the season.
Hmmm... how many valves that thing have....
Old 06-17-2009, 04:03 PM

It's a dual overhead valve (sounds powerful ) a.k.a two valves It's really running better than it ever has! Must be the 110 VP

87 TType, XFI, 66-BB, Alky, MT DRs
11.0 @ 120