TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Technical Forums > Turbochargers and related components

Turbochargers and related components Whats new, tech questions, what's your favorite and why... turbos, wastegates and boost controllers

Old 10-06-2008, 12:47 PM

Default Tnetics Boost Controller...

I have the tnetics boost contoller to take place of the stock solenoid. I wanted to change the boost but the knob wouldnt move. I didnt force it but it didnt click. It loke like there was a small stem sticking up blocking the knob from turning.. What gives?? Tia Psycho 6.....
Old 10-06-2008, 05:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to 87we410877

There are little recesses drilled into the knob. That rod is supposed to be there. Its sping loaded and sits in thoes recesses. It should turn with a very small amount of force. If it doesnt, somethings machined wrong, just push the rod down with your finger or flat blade and turn the knob.
WE4-gurdled, 4 billit caps,CAT crank, K1 rods, Diamond pistons,roller 218 212,GN1's,scorpian rockers,cometics,CPT70P BB,custom DP with race gate,stainless headers,RJC intercooler,83lb inj., Razors alky kit,70mm TB,precision plenum w/ Power Plate,HV front case,adj. FPR, CK stage2 200, custom 4" intake and radiator over flow,Auburn posi w/ 30 spline moser axels,c-clip elim. s-10 cyl., air bags,southside bars, HR sway bar,Line lock,FAST. so far 10.69@132
87 t-type dark blue stock
Old 10-06-2008, 08:50 PM

silly question but did you try backing it off too? it wont turn either way?
Old 10-07-2008, 12:20 AM

WHEN i first got the controller it clicked no problem.. It will not turn either way. Tries pushing pulling and tried force.. i give up..

Ps-took a screw driver to the little stub and it was able to turn. Just never was like that. Thanks boys.... Psycho 6.....

Last edited by Psycho6; 10-07-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho6 View Post
WHEN i first got the controller it clicked no problem.. It will not turn either way. Tries pushing pulling and tried force.. i give up..

Ps-took a screw driver to the little stub and it was able to turn. Just never was like that. Thanks boys.... Psycho 6.....
Are you all set, did you free it up.. if so, back the knob all the way out carefully, there is nothing more than a ball and spring in there. Don't lose em, take the knob off, sounds like the threads may has gotten corroded?
Old 10-07-2008, 12:51 PM

i got it all set. Thanks Jack for all the help gettin gremlins straighten out...