TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Technical Forums > Turbochargers and related components

Turbochargers and related components Whats new, tech questions, what's your favorite and why... turbos, wastegates and boost controllers

Old 06-23-2008, 08:24 PM

Default External WG DownPipe

I'm interested in the 3" downpipe for use with the 44mm external wastegate...

Product ID: DPEWG-R
3" Downpipe, external wastegate
for use with Turbonetic's Racegate 44mm Wastegate

Turbonetic's web site says that the "racegate" is discontinued... The Evolution wastegate says it's only good for around 400hp, and I'm already past that mark... Will this work with any of their newer wastegates, or do you have any advice or suggestions???
Old 06-24-2008, 12:22 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
I'm interested in the 3" downpipe for use with the 44mm external wastegate...

Product ID: DPEWG-R
3" Downpipe, external wastegate
for use with Turbonetic's Racegate 44mm Wastegate

Turbonetic's web site says that the "racegate" is discontinued... The Evolution wastegate says it's only good for around 400hp, and I'm already past that mark... Will this work with any of their newer wastegates, or do you have any advice or suggestions???
We're redesigning the flanges for the new RG-45 wastegate. What turbo are you using because the Evo gate will handle more than 400HP..
Old 06-24-2008, 01:44 AM

I'm running a Limit Engineering TE45A with a .63 exhaust housing... The car went low 11's on pump last time out(first time out with new turbo, downpipe, and headers), I put some 116 in it and ran a 10.80@124 twice, but blew a headgasket before I really got to "dial it in"...lol... I was picking up 4-5lbs of boost in the top of third gear, so the car was either fat through 1st and 2nd and good in third, or good in 1st and 2nd, but lean up top...I'm upgrading the internals now, roller cam, rockers, girdle, etc... So I'm thinking about doing an external wastegate, with a nice boost controller... I just don't want to buy something and have to upgrade again next year, or have a better unit out within months...lol... Let me know what you think would work, or if I should just wait until the new flanges are ready...
I found a used ATR external downpipe, but I don't know what wastegates will work with it, it has an ATR on it now, but I know I can't get a replacement for that... I'm not big on buying used parts either, they never seem to work out for me...
Old 06-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
I'm running a Limit Engineering TE45A with a .63 exhaust housing... The car went low 11's on pump last time out(first time out with new turbo, downpipe, and headers), I put some 116 in it and ran a 10.80@124 twice, but blew a headgasket before I really got to "dial it in"...lol... I was picking up 4-5lbs of boost in the top of third gear, so the car was either fat through 1st and 2nd and good in third, or good in 1st and 2nd, but lean up top...I'm upgrading the internals now, roller cam, rockers, girdle, etc... So I'm thinking about doing an external wastegate, with a nice boost controller... I just don't want to buy something and have to upgrade again next year, or have a better unit out within months...lol... Let me know what you think would work, or if I should just wait until the new flanges are ready...
I found a used ATR external downpipe, but I don't know what wastegates will work with it, it has an ATR on it now, but I know I can't get a replacement for that... I'm not big on buying used parts either, they never seem to work out for me...
The ATR has a real thin mounting flange, prone to warping... you may want to pass on that, if not, I have a wastegate to fit it. Wait for the new DP, I expect it to be ready soon.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:56 AM

Sounds good, thanks Jack... I'll just wait it out... The motors not back together at this point, so I'm not really in a hurry...lol...
Old 07-17-2008, 05:44 AM
Pleasant peasant

Question

Any progress with the RG45 Downpipe? Looking to get one asap. I'm the new guy on here by the way.(1st post)
Thanks---
Alan
Old 07-17-2008, 11:35 AM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.FERRER View Post
Any progress with the RG45 Downpipe? Looking to get one asap. I'm the new guy on here by the way.(1st post)
Thanks---
Alan
Hi Alan, welcome

I'm hoping to have some more this week... I'll let you know..
Old 07-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Pleasant peasant

Thanks Lorrie
Old 07-18-2008, 12:26 PM
The Boss

Jack will sometimes use my laptop and when he does he is logged on as me....I end up sounding very knowledgable about Buicks. Hehehe...
I suppose I should log out of the site everytime, so he can post under his own name.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:32 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBabe View Post
Jack will sometimes use my laptop and when he does he is logged on as me....I end up sounding very knowledgable about Buicks. Hehehe...
I suppose I should log out of the site everytime, so he can post under his own name.
I thought he was in the witness protection program.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!