TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Technical Forums > Turbochargers and related components

Turbochargers and related components Whats new, tech questions, what's your favorite and why... turbos, wastegates and boost controllers

Old 09-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 View Post
My 60 ft' for that run was 1.41. I had a 1.39 60ft' that day. Just wasn't that run.
We got better 60fts coming.....
Old 09-07-2008, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
How fast is that?......
Bottom 9's and into the 8's(I know its not gonna just happen when I fire the car up)

Me and Michaels combos are very similar except he has more CI and my car has less weight.I have an equalizer for that though

Gimme a call when were getting close Jack and ill lay out my thoughts for ya
________
GisseleVogue

Last edited by broke1; 08-15-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke1 View Post
Gimme a call when were getting close Jack and ill lay out my thoughts for ya
That's my line...... I need a refresher, what combo do you have motor, heads, cam.. etc..
Old 09-07-2008, 11:57 AM

All forged/girdled/capped 109 w/ stock stroke and 9.2:1 comp,fully ported and flowed M&A's with Jesel shaft rockers($$$$ in these heads),DLS oiling system,Stefs oil pan(the best one)DLS custom cut biller roller w/ 885 lifters,DLS ported intake with DLS PP,elec WP,no accessories,70mm tb w/ Precision hat,Precision IC,Razors alky,XFI,NLR AMS 1000,small nitrous kit,distributor,MSD crank trigger,83 lb injectors,ATR 4 bolts(I think they got to ya 2 Fridays ago).It has the best of the best as far as GN products except your ICand a stroker kit.Mark Thomas aka Puddin will be assembling the engine,used to work at Conleys in the mid 90's when they still turned out quality work,did a bunch of work on Tweaked...

Car weighs around 2950 with driver and fuel.....We were talkin about using the GTK 850 unless you thought it wasnt a good match...Not sure if I should use the 44 Tial or the 46 Tial since I will be spraying the car....Im thinking the 46mm...

Ive checked Burns Stainless site and they sell 4" oval tubing for $60 a foot and and a 4" round to 4" oval adapter for like $45.If you want,I can go ahead and order that stuff 1st thing Monday and have it shipped to ya....Im wanting 4" dp,ext gate off the header,and 4" oval exhast dumping right at the front of the door since race cars dont need exhaust!!!
________
LaCremo

Last edited by broke1; 08-15-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:23 PM
I can't drive 55!

Wow! That is a ton of nice stuff. Your car should be a screamer! I thought my car was light with me in it. How did you get the weight down that far?

I think by cutting down my 60' time down, Jack tweaking the program on the XFI,(which hasn't been touched really since the first time at the valley) turning the boost up and maybe a intercooler uprade I don't think that I will be too far from the times that you speak of. That turbo is simply amazing.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 09-10-2008, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke1 View Post
All forged/girdled/capped 109 w/ stock stroke and 9.2:1 comp,fully ported and flowed M&A's with Jesel shaft rockers($$$$ in these heads),DLS oiling system,Stefs oil pan(the best one)DLS custom cut biller roller w/ 885 lifters,DLS ported intake with DLS PP,elec WP,no accessories,70mm tb w/ Precision hat,Precision IC,Razors alky,XFI,NLR AMS 1000,small nitrous kit,distributor,MSD crank trigger,83 lb injectors,ATR 4 bolts(I think they got to ya 2 Fridays ago).It has the best of the best as far as GN products except your ICand a stroker kit.Mark Thomas aka Puddin will be assembling the engine,used to work at Conleys in the mid 90's when they still turned out quality work,did a bunch of work on Tweaked...

Car weighs around 2950 with driver and fuel.....We were talkin about using the GTK 850 unless you thought it wasnt a good match...Not sure if I should use the 44 Tial or the 46 Tial since I will be spraying the car....Im thinking the 46mm...

Ive checked Burns Stainless site and they sell 4" oval tubing for $60 a foot and and a 4" round to 4" oval adapter for like $45.If you want,I can go ahead and order that stuff 1st thing Monday and have it shipped to ya....Im wanting 4" dp,ext gate off the header,and 4" oval exhast dumping right at the front of the door since race cars dont need exhaust!!!

Sounds like a nice setup. Post some pics.

1987 Black Turbo T, Stage II, F.A.S.T XFI w/ ITC, 76mm Turbo, Champion GN1-R Heads, Champion Race Ported Intake, PTC Converter, MSBC-1 Boost Controller, Rzrs Dual Alky Kit, Lonnie Diers Billet 2004r w/Elect TB, HR 224/224, ATR's, 83# Lb. Inj, Callico Coated Bearings, March Perf. Billet Alt, Savitske Stainless Upper/Lower Control Arms & Ball Joints, Aerospace Brakes Front & Rears, Custom Bogart Welded R/T's w/ MT DR's, ATR. Working A/C. Moser Rear. Tuned by that other F.A.S.T tuner.