TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Technical Forums > Turbochargers and related components

Turbochargers and related components Whats new, tech questions, what's your favorite and why... turbos, wastegates and boost controllers

Old 12-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Brother Jack is my Pastor

Default New Up-Pipe with BOV/BPV bung welded in

Hey Jack, how bout having some Up-Pipes made with a bung welded in for one of those Big A$$ Godzilla valves so I can prevent damage to my Pretty Turbonetics Turbo? And while your at it weld up a cold air kit with a 2" port so I can re-circulate the air to the turbo, make it available as a kit with block-off plates included. How cool would that be? ( Polished of course ) No rush...
Anytime before Christmas is fine
Bryan

87 GN with 43k
Stock block Champion GN1 14 bolt, ARP bolts, Cottons valve covers, Comp Cams 218/212 hyd roller, Scorpion rockers, Comp Cams double roller, home ported intake, Champion 1" plenum spacer, RJC PowerPlate, Turbonetics GT-K 850 BB, 3" DP with external wastegate, Cottons 4" cold air kit, Cottons FMIC, 72# inj, FAST XFI, ALKYCONTROL, Hooker cat back, Art Carr 9" NLU, Art Carr internals,Precision turbo saver, Metco adjustable uppers, Metco lowers, HR sway bar, MT DRs
Old 12-13-2007, 02:38 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneguy View Post
Hey Jack, how bout having some Up-Pipes made with a bung welded in for one of those Big A$$ Godzilla valves so I can prevent damage to my Pretty Turbonetics Turbo? And while your at it weld up a cold air kit with a 2" port so I can re-circulate the air to the turbo, make it available as a kit with block-off plates included. How cool would that be? ( Polished of course ) No rush...
Anytime before Christmas is fine
Bryan

Sheeit...... I'ma workin on it.....
Old 03-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Who needs radios -.-

I was just about to ask the same question. I am a fan of BOV's on any turbo application. I know some guys say blahh no need but I refuse to think so. What I wonder about more is if this should air should be routed back into the intake pipe. I know the reason for this on my eclipse was due to the fact that the MAF was b4 the turbo and the computer measured the amount of air going into the turbo and accounted for that amount that would be pushed out through the bov to go right back in or it would stumble very bad unless you had a different setup running a gm MAF after the turbo with a translator. Do buicks encounter a problem if the air isnt routed back into the intake????
Old 03-14-2008, 04:33 AM
Brother Jack is my Pastor

Who needs a MAF ?

Let Jack hook you up with a FAST XFI... we don't need no stinking MAF

87 GN with 43k
Stock block Champion GN1 14 bolt, ARP bolts, Cottons valve covers, Comp Cams 218/212 hyd roller, Scorpion rockers, Comp Cams double roller, home ported intake, Champion 1" plenum spacer, RJC PowerPlate, Turbonetics GT-K 850 BB, 3" DP with external wastegate, Cottons 4" cold air kit, Cottons FMIC, 72# inj, FAST XFI, ALKYCONTROL, Hooker cat back, Art Carr 9" NLU, Art Carr internals,Precision turbo saver, Metco adjustable uppers, Metco lowers, HR sway bar, MT DRs