TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 10-27-2010, 10:27 PM
boostedGMC

Default newbie

Sorry I posted this in the wrong place the first time.

Hey I am new to this site. I don't own a GN (although I'd love to) but I do own a
1992 GMC Typhoon. I stumbled on to Mr cotton's site through a search for a good tuner that is familiar with Big Stuff3. I have read through alot of the posts in these forums and i am truely impressed with the Team Cotton's workmanship.
To be honest I had not heard of Jack not being in the Buick or drag racing circle
until recently. That said I was at work talking with a kid that is a big Subaru fan and his friend who happens to be a pretty well known Subaru tuner was within earshot and heard me mention that I neede the truck tuned.He said "If it has a wide band 02 and I had the software he could give it a shot". I said that I was trying to get a guy named Jack cotton to tune it and asked if he had heard of him.
His reply was "Thats like saying your are having god tune your truck". So it looks like I have found the right guy. Sorry for the long post.
Jeff
Old 10-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelsonwheels View Post
Sorry I posted this in the wrong place the first time.

Hey I am new to this site. I don't own a GN (although I'd love to) but I do own a
1992 GMC Typhoon. I stumbled on to Mr cotton's site through a search for a good tuner that is familiar with Big Stuff3. I have read through alot of the posts in these forums and i am truely impressed with the Team Cotton's workmanship.
To be honest I had not heard of Jack not being in the Buick or drag racing circle
until recently. That said I was at work talking with a kid that is a big Subaru fan and his friend who happens to be a pretty well known Subaru tuner was within earshot and heard me mention that I neede the truck tuned.He said "If it has a wide band 02 and I had the software he could give it a shot". I said that I was trying to get a guy named Jack cotton to tune it and asked if he had heard of him.
His reply was "Thats like saying your are having god tune your truck". So it looks like I have found the right guy. Sorry for the long post.
Jeff
Hi Jeff, welcome.

Good to see you here, We're getting settled in here after my trip out west. Need a week or 2 still to get some projects done and back to their owners and I'm sure we can get a look at car. We look forward to your participation here..
Old 10-29-2010, 12:53 AM
boostedGMC

Default sorry

Hi Jack,
Sorry to call this afternoon. I had not checked the forum to see your reply.
I'll try to hook up with you in a week or two like you mentioned. I managed to replace the distributor and ignition this week. I used an MSD pro billet dizzy and a 6a ignition. The truck run oka but I am babying it until Someone checks the state of tune. I have a laptop and the software but I am not going to plug into the truck without knowing what I am doing.
Thanks
Jeff