TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Technical Forums > Buick Turbo Tech

Buick Turbo Tech General technical support for the 86-87 Buick turbo cars

Old 05-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Married Man

Default White Cobra....

Ok Brotha,..... howd we do..... ? She'sa runnin better but we gots to get you an emmission chip...
Old 05-18-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
Ok Brotha,..... howd we do..... ? She'sa runnin better but we gots to get you an emmission chip...
she runs like a striped-ass ape, but definitely running rich and the bl's are still high 142, i'm sure there's probably still a vacuum leak (intake?) but we'll get there. starts a million times better, and more importantly stays running....we'll plug away at it....definitely would feel better without the big black R on my windshield
Old 05-18-2008, 04:39 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecobra98 View Post
she runs like a striped-ass ape, but definitely running rich and the bl's are still high 142, i'm sure there's probably still a vacuum leak (intake?) but we'll get there. starts a million times better, and more importantly stays running....we'll plug away at it....definitely would feel better without the big black R on my windshield
That's great. What did it end up being?
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 05-18-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 View Post
That's great. What did it end up being?
hmmm, let me see, i replaced the maf, injectors, chip, some vacuum hoses, etc. the biggest difference is the latest addition the injectors and chip, still idles kinda high and the blms are high again after coming down, and today the iac's went up to 175 when the maf pipe blew off in the Home depot parking lot! dismantled my garage door opener to fashion a makeshift screwdriver out of it...Macgyver style
Old 05-22-2008, 02:22 AM

Jack's right...I don't know why I bother posting online...i drive 4 minutes, he fixes it, i'm happy....running much better again after a trip to Jack's...a new IAC and fixed a vacuum line that blew off in the back...boost gauge works again...now it will rain so I can't tear it up
Old 05-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Jack's right...I don't know why I bother posting online...i drive 4 minutes, he fixes it, i'm happy....running much better again after a trip to Jack's...a new IAC and fixed a vacuum line that blew off in the back...boost gauge works again...now it will rain so I can't tear it up
Hey MacGyver...... looking awful nice out here this morning..... get that ride cleaned up, come up to LVD for Musclepalooza sunday...
Old 05-23-2008, 11:17 AM

ur up early, whats the occasion? it is nice, took the black beauty to work today...definitely needs a cleaning though...BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!! I may screw around with the TT chip tonight while the little lady is working When they look good, they run good right?
Old 05-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Married Man

Quote:
ur up early, whats the occasion? it is nice, took the black beauty to work today...definitely needs a cleaning though...BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!! I may screw around with the TT chip tonight while the little lady is working When they look good, they run good right?
dats right.... early..? I be up between 5 and 6am everyday...