TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 03-11-2008, 03:38 AM

lol...i was actually thinking about having the centers powder coated black..
Old 03-12-2008, 02:53 AM
I can't drive 55!

So when are they coming? I'm impatient.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 03-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Nitro boy

I got the rears and drag radials yesterday. It looks like it will be another week or so before I get the fronts. The wheels are absolutely beautiful. I'm going to be in Albany on family business today, but will snap some pics tomorrow morning. The Hoosiers say ( not for highway use ) even though they have a DOT stamping, so I will have to get to the bottom of that. I don't want any tickets, 'cause the troopers here are a bunch of young, ticket hungry punks, and the tires look like slicks with 2 shallow grooves.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:36 PM

Sweet wheels Brian, I saw those in summit and jegs. I would like to trade in the convo's for a set of those. Make sure and take some pics for us.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:53 AM

sent you a pm..
Old 03-13-2008, 01:03 AM
Nitro boy

Got your PM Brian. I called Billet Specialties today to check on the 15x6's I have on order. They are very nice people, and they said the owner is a detail freak. They are real well built, and polished.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Nitro boy

Here's a quick pic. This shot doesn't do the wheels justice. My camera batteries died before I could take any closer shots, so I post some later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3157_1_1.JPG (80.2 KB, 24 views)
Old 04-04-2008, 01:09 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHynes View Post
Here's a quick pic. This shot doesn't do the wheels justice. My camera batteries died before I could take any closer shots, so I post some later.

Oh man, they look awesome! I love the way the M/T's look on there too! Did you go to the show yet? Any plans going to the track soon?
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 04-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Nitro boy

The Motorsports show is today Mike. I have to have the GN there by 1:30pm. I've been thrashing since I got the car back from Jack. I to, like the way the 28"s fill the rear wells. The rubber is close to the lips, but doesn't make contact (It would have been nice if the wheels came with a 4" back space). The drivers fender turned out awsome, and matches the original laquer perfectly. It took 3 mixes before the paint matched, and you'll never guess what color my GN was painted with from the factory. This shot was taken yesterday, just after I finished getting things back together and cleaned up. The front wheels finally arrived Tuesday ( I was getting nervous, but kept bugging Billet Specialties ). As for the track, it's not open yet. We still have plenty of snow, but I think I did a good job of hiding it when I took the pic. It been really nice here for the past 3 days and the snow pack is melting, so hopefully the track will open by May.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:39 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHynes View Post
The Motorsports show is today Mike. I have to have the GN there by 1:30pm. I've been thrashing since I got the car back from Jack. I to, like the way the 28"s fill the rear wells. The rubber is close to the lips, but doesn't make contact (It would have been nice if the wheels came with a 4" back space). The drivers fender turned out awsome, and matches the original laquer perfectly. It took 3 mixes before the paint matched, and you'll never guess what color my GN was painted with from the factory. This shot was taken yesterday, just after I finished getting things back together and cleaned up. The front wheels finally arrived Tuesday ( I was getting nervous, but kept bugging Billet Specialties ). As for the track, it's not open yet. We still have plenty of snow, but I think I did a good job of hiding it when I took the pic. It been really nice here for the past 3 days and the snow pack is melting, so hopefully the track will open by May.
Nice, I hope you take alot of pics at the show. How did the boost controller turn out? Is it easy to use? As far as the paint, not to be stupid but what color was it painted? You would think it was black, trick question? That stinks about the track, I didn't notice the snow in the background you did do a pretty good job of hiding it! I hope to make it to the track by May also. I haven't driven the car since last March! It's killin' me!

New best 9.44 @ 143!