TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 04-04-2009, 10:24 PM
I can't drive 55!

Default What's everyone doin' to get there car ready this season?

For us,

Car got re-painted.

We have a new set of M/T 28x10.5-15's in the rear and a new set of M/T 27.5x4.5-15's for the front. The best 60' was 1.36 last year on 6 year old slicks.

I am in the process of replacing the rear brake shoes with a set of four primaries I got from Jack along with the heavy duty wheel cylinders. I will be replacing the hardware back there too, springs etc. I am also replacing the front rotors and pads also, I noticed that I had pretty good cracks where the pads make contact with the rotors. There wasn't enough left on the rotor to resurface it so I got new stock style drilled and slotted rotors.

I also purchased a Co2 kit for boost control that I also have to install. Hopefully with that kit I will be able to get over 22psi. Just need a little help hookin' it up...

I will post up pics after I have it all together.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 04-05-2009, 05:37 PM

->This year, I'll still be using the same "short block" assembly (T/A block, Eagle crank, Carillo rods..) as last year, BUT with some new Champion heads and intake manifold, a new cam, a larger turbo, 4" downpipe from Brian, a "Cotton's" huge front-mount intercooler and electronic boost control...That's about it for now.
-> I've already bought some new wheels for the street (Billet Specialties's "Street Lites"), installed a steering wheel-mounted trans brake button, and made a bracket for my "Cotton's" electronic boost controller...Oh yeah...I hand-painted the frame too!...

Claude.
2012 Lincoln MKX
Old 04-05-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofastforyou View Post
->This year, I'll still be using the same "short block" assembly (T/A block, Eagle crank, Carillo rods..) as last year, BUT with some new Champion heads and intake manifold, a new cam, a larger turbo, 4" downpipe from Brian, a "Cotton's" huge front-mount intercooler and electronic boost control...That's about it for now.
-> I've already bought some new wheels for the street (Billet Specialties's "Street Lites"), installed a steering wheel-mounted trans brake button, and made a bracket for my "Cotton's" electronic boost controller...Oh yeah...I hand-painted the frame too!...

Claude.

Man, that sounds like a nasty setup... I got goose bumps reading it...lol... What size turbo are you planning on running???
Old 04-06-2009, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
Man, that sounds like a nasty setup... I got goose bumps reading it...lol... What size turbo are you planning on running???
Thanks for the comments!...as for the turbo, I don't know yet but I'm going to let Jack decide...

Claude.
2012 Lincoln MKX
Old 04-06-2009, 04:55 PM

Default Headgaskets

I installed new headgaskets ...... It went Boom in Maryland .
Old 04-07-2009, 01:37 AM

Default just picked the car yesterday

went for the cpt70sBB, Wolf dub. adj. upper & lower control arms, new drive shaft 1350slip joint and yoke, cold air kit, and your injectors. it runs good on the street, jacks test track. now he has to work his magic on it at the track.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Go to heaven

Thumbs up simple

Having Fun At The Track
400 turbo revers patern
spicer 1350 u joint and yokes
33 splines axels with 3:42.fast XFI
all job done by cotton's performance. tune by me
9.34 . 1.37 60ft 1/8 5.97@116MPH
9.20 148.79mph 1.419 60fts 1/8 5.91 119.67mph
special thanks to cottons performance for the job well done
Old 04-08-2009, 01:44 AM

Default just got my shipment from Cottons

Just pulled the 10 bolt out of the car. Got to build that new 12 bolt that Jack gave me an Awesome deal on. Getting rid off the drum brakes on the back and going to wilwood to match the front. I let the new guy Kevin talk me into this

Down pipe is on the way to Cottons for some repair work. Got a little smash in it from an incedent at the track. Jack you gotta get that baby fixed up for me super quick. I really need Brian to do his magic again for me.

Summer is coming.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (82.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 03.JPG (87.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-08-2009, 03:00 AM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
new Champion heads and intake manifold, a new cam, a larger turbo, 4" downpipe from Brian, a "Cotton's" huge front-mount intercooler and electronic boost control...-> I've already bought some new wheels for the street (Billet Specialties's "Street Lites"), installed a steering wheel-mounted trans brake button, and made a bracket for my "Cotton's" electronic boost controller...Oh yeah...I hand-painted the frame too!...
Man you have been busy this winter Claude! Your car was flying before, watcha lookin' to put it into orbit now?!?! Can't wait to see what turbo Jack picks out for you. Personally I'm partial to the GTK-850...

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineborique View Post
I installed new headgaskets ...... It went Boom in Maryland .
You mean it went boom last year right? Not this year again!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4play View Post
went for the cpt70sBB, Wolf dub. adj. upper & lower control arms, new drive shaft 1350slip joint and yoke, cold air kit, and your injectors. it runs good on the street, jacks test track. now he has to work his magic on it at the track.
Now were talkin' Harold! There's gonna be a another 9 second car in Cotton's stable! When is Pinks All Out for you? And you still are going to be away the end of May right? Tell Patty we said HI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsix View Post
Having Fun At The Track
You lucky dog! I wish I was there! The best part is your in F-L-O-R-I-D-A!

I saw your thread about your 60' droppin off. If you would have 60'd your best of 1.38 on that 9.92 pass it would have been a 9.4x!! There has to be something you can clean that slick off with. Maybe contact the manufactor of the tire? Still a 9 second run though! Congrats!

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Colalillo View Post
Just pulled the 10 bolt out of the car. Got to build that new 12 bolt that Jack gave me an Awesome deal on. Getting rid off the drum brakes on the back and going to wilwood to match the front.
That rear looks great Sam! It's funny, I was just going to pm you about what brake setup your running! Are you still keeping the 3.42's?
Hopefully I won't be needing to go that route with the rear this year.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 View Post

That rear looks great Sam! It's funny, I was just going to pm you about what brake setup your running! Are you still keeping the 3.42's?
Hopefully I won't be needing to go that route with the rear this year.
You gonna need this soon, women are hard on cars. I am matching the gears to the horsepower curve

You get more gear choices with a 12 bolt over the 10 bolt.