TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 11-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Married Man

Default What's the plan...

Ok Guys, what are we all doing this winter, any upgrades, changes or are we just sitting pat..

I have a few things on the list, freshen up the motor, trans and converter.. Working a little on the front suspension, maybe have Miquel do a little bodywork, the paint is beginning to get beat up pretty good after 5 years of abuse. I'd love to do a new roll cage, not sure if we'll get to it..
Old 11-23-2008, 05:55 PM

Geee, I wonder who could do the cage???????????????
Old 11-23-2008, 06:00 PM

Thumbs up

I'm sure you guys have seen from my posts I'm finally getting my car/money pit back together... Last time out it ran a 10.80@124 with a 1.54 60', so it should hopefully improve a bit with all the stuff I've done so far... 8 point bar, new gray interior(Ugh, goodbye maroon interior), bodywork, paint, fiberglass bumpers, 87 grill, and I'm picking up a set of GTA's for spare wheels next week... I have Pro Stars on there now, but I wanted a wheel for when I go cruising to the beach and such... I'm sure every time I put my "cruising wheels" on I'll find a bunch of people that want to race...lol... I'm going to put the M&H 275-55-16(28" tall) drag radials on the back if I can get them to fit, I don't want 26's on there if I put the turbo400 in...(Anybody know if they will fit on stock width wheels?)
As far as the rest of the set up, it's a stock stroke, stock crank, RJC girdled 109 block with .30 over Diamond Pistons, K1 rods, revolution XR2 cam(210-215), ported stock heads held on with ARP studs, ported stock intake, 1.6 roller rockers, TT chip, 60lb injectors, hot wired 340, -8 supply with -6 return, TE45A with a .63 exhaust housing, 3.5" downpipe(Soon to be replaced with a 3" Cotton's downpipe with a 45 racegate so I can get my boost creep under control), 3" single shot exhaust, 200-4R with a 3200 vigilante converter, H&R upper and lowers, airbags, and I guess that's about it...
What's left??? I just picked up a Turbo400, so I'm going to get that built with a brake and see how I like it, but I need to do axles and c-clip eliminators before I really try to launch it with the trans brake... I want to notch the rear frame rails so I can tuck a 325 under there, get the Super Rear Sway Bar on, and I think that will take care of any traction problems I might have... I also need to sump my tank and get a big external pump because I think the single 340 will be struggling once I start turning the car/boost up...
Any advice on the set up??? Anything look out of place or am I forgetting anything???
I'm also thinking about doing a 70mm ball bearing turbo with a bigger housing to help with top end, but hopefully the ball bearing option will help with spooling... Of course everything else on the list will have to be done before I can drop money on a turbo...
Old 11-24-2008, 12:32 PM

well, I hope to keep most of my money in my pocket, not yours!!!!!!! j/k ...my plan is that downpipe and fixing that floor first of all.....i want to redo the interior, and catback....i'm considering a cam too if I have to pull the intake and stop a front cover leak.....this is all contigent on me winning a small lottery
Old 11-24-2008, 01:24 PM

je pistons(9.1:1), eagle rods
port and polished head/titanium valve train
lsd trans
a big ol' turbo

shooting for about 300whp street, 450+ w/ 116
but that's on my little 4 cylinder, so i dont think anyone cares

i'm also gonna try my hand at body work again... scary
Old 11-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Fat Kid

Talking Planning Stuff

Jack, I think you have the planning boards approval with the Cutlass, and the blue prints also. We just have to go over the details soon!

Re-Big Blocking the #2 Impala this Winter season. Need the Tremec and the EFI for it, then the fun begins. A re-wire, an interior redo, and maybe the cage before the interior. Jack, What about the Roll Cage?

A 1.6 Turbo diesel for the Vw to replace the leaking tired 1.6 N/A.

Biscayne, here I come, it's been waiting long enough.

Sorry Super Sport, I'm just not ready for that much, and we need the room before we can work on it anyway.

And Little Dougies street terror needs some time too. (Will buying the engine from me be a sure way to beat me at the track? Olds not included.)

Dom
One 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass,

One 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass,
One 1982 Volkswagen Pickup Turbo Diesel,
One 1990 Ford F250 With Banks help
One 1990 9C1 Red and White
Old 11-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by impaloligist View Post
Jack, I think you have the planning boards approval with the Cutlass, and the blue prints also. We just have to go over the details soon!

Re-Big Blocking the #2 Impala this Winter season. Need the Tremec and the EFI for it, then the fun begins. A re-wire, an interior redo, and maybe the cage before the interior. Jack, What about the Roll Cage?

A 1.6 Turbo diesel for the Vw to replace the leaking tired 1.6 N/A.

Biscayne, here I come, it's been waiting long enough.

Sorry Super Sport, I'm just not ready for that much, and we need the room before we can work on it anyway.

And Little Dougies street terror needs some time too. (Will buying the engine from me be a sure way to beat me at the track? Olds not included.)

Dom

We can do it Dom... just let me know when you are ready, I'll work the cage into the mix....
Old 11-26-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
Ok Guys, what are we all doing this winter, any upgrades, changes or are we just sitting pat..
-Well, I will know for sure what I'll do next year IF I sell my set of M&A heads with port-matched intake manifold, and Crane roller rockers combo...
-I already bought some brand new wheels for the street and I'm definitely getting one of Jack's intercoolers along with some T/A stainless steel headers. Brian is going to make a 4" downpipe () to fit with the headers and bungs welded to it for my (already installed) electronic boost controller. Oh yeah...I'm going to need some new slicks too!

Claude.
2012 Lincoln MKX
Old 11-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Fat Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
We can do it Dom... just let me know when you are ready, I'll work the cage into the mix....
We will speak about it after the car is a little further along. (Haven't touched it yet)

Thanks
Dom
One 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass,

One 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass,
One 1982 Volkswagen Pickup Turbo Diesel,
One 1990 Ford F250 With Banks help
One 1990 9C1 Red and White
Old 11-26-2008, 11:39 PM
I can't drive 55!

I'll be taking the exterior of the car apart again so it can get re-shot at the body shop. After I get that done, I'll be re-torqueing the heads and the rocker's. I really don't want to touch anything else with the car. It's been running awesome so I don't want to fix anything if it ain't broke! I've also been thinking about putting the interior back in the car, but the jury isn't out on that one yet.

We also have to get the motorhome straightened out. We definetly want to use it next year and try to hit some of the big events. We are shooting for the first one to be Bowling Green. We are really excited about it. We love being apart of the Buick community.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!