TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Miscellaneous > Customer Cars

Customer Cars Post up your rides!

Old 07-29-2008, 01:11 AM

Default My First Grand National

Hello All,

Well, I finally did it, I went and bought an 87 GN! Now that I have the car I kind of wish I went for something with more miles on it! This car only has 4800 miles on it and I want to Mod it, but because it is such a low milage car, I don't want to mess with it. Well here she is!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GN Back or Car.jpg (97.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg GN Front.jpg (94.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg GN Passenger Side.jpg (89.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg GN Interior 2.jpg (69.5 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg GN Option Tag.jpg (42.5 KB, 19 views)
Old 07-29-2008, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987TurboGN View Post
Hello All,

Well, I finally did it, I went and bought an 87 GN! Now that I have the car I kind of wish I went for something with more miles on it! This car only has 4800 miles on it and I want to Mod it, but because it is such a low milage car, I don't want to mess with it. Well here she is!
Is that the GN out of Texas? Looked like a nice car
Old 07-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Married Man

Very nice looking car...... if you want to mod it.... just do it.. unless you want to just keep it in the garage for an investment... or enjopy the heck out of it..
Old 07-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Don't mod it!! Buy one of mine and mod that one!

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:31 PM

i've always believed that you only lose money on something if you sell it. if you never sell it, you can never lose money. i bought my 86 t-type 10 years ago, I'm never going to sell it, so i can never lose money on it. what did i pay for it? who cares. what is it worth now? - i don't care. i've done a few things to it, and will never stop doing things to it - it's my enjoyment. I had 2 kids before i got it and i've had 2 more since. Sometimes it gets parked for a while, but it'll always be mine. I've never thought highly of people who treat cars as a commodity, parking them in the garage until they are worth more - is that what the car was made for? was that it's intended purpose? i really don't think so.

i am really glad you found such a low mileage car - that is really rare. my only words of advice are this - Drive it, have fun with it. if going faster makes you happy - do it, if it pisses off some people, that's their problem. life isn't that long, have some fun - don't live by someone else's rules. remember, you can't take it with you when you go.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:03 PM

I am just one province away if you ever need help, seem to be up 20 hours a day anyway, might as well do something productive!
Powerstroke IC, Forged Stroker,GN 1's,Razor alky, XFI, 3.5" DP, Extrm stg2 tranny,TA Headers
PTC 9.5 N/L 3400 stall