TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 10-27-2008, 01:43 AM

Default off idle flat spot

Just off idle engine has a flat spot I have a fast classic system 70-s-.85 turbo and 83 lb injectors both were purchased from you. I raised the fuel pressure and it helped some. This is the first time using a fast system so I could be over looking something very simple. Some more info on engine ported heads and intake by champion, comp roller Hyd. cant recall specs on cam, and 70mm Acufab TB any info would be helpful.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet-boy View Post
Just off idle engine has a flat spot I have a fast classic system 70-s-.85 turbo and 83 lb injectors both were purchased from you. I raised the fuel pressure and it helped some. This is the first time using a fast system so I could be over looking something very simple. Some more info on engine ported heads and intake by champion, comp roller Hyd. cant recall specs on cam, and 70mm Acufab TB any info would be helpful.

When using a FAST, we set the fuel pressure in the beginning, then all adjustments and done through the VE table for fueling. I like 43-45lbs with engine idling and vacumn off the regulater. You will either need to add a little fuel in the VE table where your little blue bubble travels through on the VE table or raise or lower the AE vs TPS in the fuel tables. Usually moving the line up or down will affect your fueling off idle.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:12 PM

Ok we have 45 lbs of fuel pressure that is what helped last night i will work on the other changes tonight but one other thing is the tps setting, in the fast directions it seems tps setting is not really important is that true or did i misunderstand it?
Old 10-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Married Man

Your TPS should be set around 2% at idle and 98%at WOT
Old 10-28-2008, 12:02 AM

Its a little cold tonight 45 deg. ill try tomorrow
Old 10-30-2008, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
When using a FAST, we set the fuel pressure in the beginning, then all adjustments and done through the VE table for fueling. I like 43-45lbs with engine idling and vacumn off the regulater. You will either need to add a little fuel in the VE table where your little blue bubble travels through on the VE table or raise or lower the AE vs TPS in the fuel tables. Usually moving the line up or down will affect your fueling off idle.
well that worked perfect took the flat spot just like that thanks
Old 11-04-2008, 11:45 PM

Ok I sat in the car for 25 minutes trying to make changes. The system will not take a change off idle AF goes from 12.3 to 15.94 and i cant get it to change
Old 11-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet-boy View Post
Ok I sat in the car for 25 minutes trying to make changes. The system will not take a change off idle AF goes from 12.3 to 15.94 and i cant get it to change
Ok, pull the plugs and take a look. Make sure they are clean and not fouled up. If so, change them and we'll start again. Also, make ashort recording of the event and I'll take a look at it and also send me your GCT file.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
Ok, pull the plugs and take a look. Make sure they are clean and not fouled up. If so, change them and we'll start again. Also, make ashort recording of the event and I'll take a look at it and also send me your GCT file.
I sent the info you need to your e-mail thanks for the help
Old 11-07-2008, 12:40 AM

Yes I win after another 5 minutes and really reading what my notes said after talking to you I got it to have really good street manners thanks but really would like you to look at the files i sent you.