TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 10-16-2012, 12:32 AM

Question Jack ...

Jack como esta ? I hope all is good in Cottonland . I went to LVD with the Buick , I thought I would ring it out one last time for the year ... Let me desribe my last 2 passes for ya ... 1st pass 20 dergrees of timing , 11.5 A/F , 20 pounds of boost = 11.4 but the thing fell on it's face at the end [1000 ft] only ran 112 MPH ... It did this on the second pass too ... I recorded both passes , no knock it was actually pulling fuel out all the way down ... I'm thinking a Module or wires at high RPM ... What do you think ??? Tu Hermano
Old 10-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Married Man

Morning My Brother....

Wish I was with you, now I'm really beginning to miss the track... It's possible something ignition could be the culprit. It's also possible it could be fuel related. Usually laying down is fuel, but without seeing the recording I couldn't say for sure. When it's ignition, we usually hear it popping or feel it skipping.... You could take a ride up, we could road test with ya, check out your recording. Eat some rice and beans... and of course pork... It's not always good to take out too much fuel on the fly, that can lead to a swing creating a lean condition...
Old 10-18-2012, 04:29 PM

Smile No popping ...

Jack ; No popping or pinging ...shifted @ 5300 as usual ... went through @ 5400 til the 1000 - 1200 ft then fell on it's face should of possibly run 116-118 MPH ... I'll be up in the next week or so ... Thanks Rice and beans it is ... Are guys still doing Saturdays ? Tu Hermano
Old 10-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Married Man

I'll get the food from the Puerto Rican Bakery ..