TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 12-12-2008, 05:10 PM
army veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by waGoN View Post
That's true, but the inspector that I spoke to said that the registry told them all that they would be spying on them to make sure that they don't cheat. They actually told them this. Maybe they told them so that they didn't have to actually do it, and were hoping that just scaring inspectors would work.
they will be watching
Old 12-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

I kind of expect that to happen, because I know that they like to fine the shops. The one that I go to, got nailed about a year and a half ago. The kid doing the stickers went out to the front, and when he was there, a guy with a brand new porsche pulled into the bay not wanting the kid to do it. Since it was a brand new Porsche, they let the guy do it, and they didn't drive it in themselves like they are supposed to. Well, one of the next "customers" was a registry spy, and they got hit. I never did find out what the penalty was, because they were still going to court over it.
The guy that does mine is always good about it. He knows that I keep my vehicles maintained and don't put tons of miles on them. (Who can when you have 5 on the road?) Anyways, he doesn't give them the once and twice over. He has always put it on the sniffer when they needed it though, and they have all passed. Now the only one that needs emmissions is my newest aquisition, a dually diesel, and he doesn't know if his shop can test for it since it's a 1 ton.
I know that I am going to have to get go up to the two plate system on one car, though. Luckily they just put a new registry almost directly accross the street from the station, so it isn't far to go if I have to get the new plate.

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.