TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 03-31-2011, 05:38 PM

hello men: I'm back but the car is not out yet. I have an idea for you Jack. There's a vendor on that TB site I tell you to join and he's doing it. That is a non stretch SLIC that's wider and fatter. I don't like the FM and worry of damaging a steach so this is just a better option for a street TB.
The car SB out soon.
IBBY
Old 04-02-2011, 05:11 PM

hello Jack it's John: It's saturday and the better weather is around the corner and I'm thinking of getting a shift kit for my trans. What kit would you suggest for my street car?. Just looking to get the best for what I have now and that's just a stock trans., stock converter. I just have larger pan on it.
What did you think of the SLIC idea?
IBBY
Old 04-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
hello men: I'm back but the car is not out yet. I have an idea for you Jack. There's a vendor on that TB site I tell you to join and he's doing it. That is a non stretch SLIC that's wider and fatter. I don't like the FM and worry of damaging a steach so this is just a better option for a street TB.
The car SB out soon.
IBBY
I know, I been bad again... I'm bad at posting.. no problem building IC's, we build anything you want, the way you want it.. custom.. and really made in the USA IC's..

Quote:
hello Jack it's John: It's saturday and the better weather is around the corner and I'm thinking of getting a shift kit for my trans. What kit would you suggest for my street car?. Just looking to get the best for what I have now and that's just a stock trans., stock converter. I just have larger pan on it.
What did you think of the SLIC idea?
IBBY
The only way to be competitive with most of the custom built GN stuff out there is to outsource them to China. I've chosen to not go that route. So the day of us building lots of IC'ers and selling lots of them are over since most guys don't want the quality of US built stuff and pay the extra few dollars. So they can complain about their own proffessions being lost overseas while buying everything they can as cheaply as they can. Which usually means one thing as to where it came from...

As for the shift kit, not sure what to use these days, we used to use the ones from Art Carr... but at this age, most trannys really don't like shift kits. Just rebuilding it with fresh stuff is a better investment. Especially if your trans is feeling weak, a shift kit will not work at all.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:26 PM

hello Jack: Well it's a new year and maybe you can change the amount of time it takes you to respond. My questions are usually not needed in a swift manor so as long as you do get an answer . It works for me.
The vender info. that was suppose to be making a SLIC was BS and the info was wrong. But there was interest in it on that site I told you about.
As far as shift kits, your not putting any in your hot rods that cum and go from your shop? I always thought espesially drag race guys would have a kit
IBBY

Last edited by jlat; 04-06-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:26 AM
Married Man

Quote:
hello Jack: Well it's a new year and maybe you can change the amount of time it takes you to respond. My questions are usually not needed in a swift manor so as long as you do get an answer . It works for me.
The vender info. that was suppose to be making a SLIC was BS and the info was wrong. But there was interest in it on that site I told you about.
As far as shift kits, your not putting any in your hot rods that cum and go from your shop? I always thought espesially drag race guys would have a kit
IBBY
We used to do shift kits, many moons ago, when the trannys were still fairly fresh and strong shifting, over the years, as the trannys wore, we found putting just a shift kit did not work or help. The trans really require a fresh rebuild.. with a shift kit to function properly. The power these days that we are putting out with these cars usually will kill a good stock tranny with a shift kit... quickly..