TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 07-14-2010, 10:53 AM

hello to the people at Cotonland; The pod gage is off and with the OTC going home late afternoon hot and humid the temp got to 197 at it highest with the pod gage reading well over 200. I feel a little better about things but it could do better.
Here's something for ya Jack. A guy from Greenville SC writes "I have a friend that works at griffen and they started buying China rads cut tanks and install Griffen tanks"
Now I have to get the idle down. Need help on that one.
IBBY
Old 07-19-2010, 02:21 PM

hello Cotteners; Jack did you get your kid down to the big R yet? I over heard some engineers talking today about hiring. monday 07/19
I hav'nt been driving the car lately as I need a sticker witch is a couple of months over due.
IBBY
Old 07-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
hello Cotteners; Jack did you get your kid down to the big R yet? I over heard some engineers talking today about hiring. monday 07/19
I hav'nt been driving the car lately as I need a sticker witch is a couple of months over due.
IBBY
Hey Boss, sorry got jammed out last week with some traveling.. So, the rad should be fine, maybe a little fan upgrade, but most likely, AC on in 90 plus temps is difficult to keep coolant temps down. The AC condensor in front of the radiator is pushing somewhere around 250 plus degrees into the radiator!!! Then kick in pavement temps rising under the car.... under 200 degrees under the conditions is not bad... Idle raises when AC is turned on....

As for John Jr... he has an interview today with a comp., out of Kalifornia...
Old 07-20-2010, 10:47 AM

hello; I know about the idle going up a little with the AC on but when I was messing with the OTC and since (I hav'nt played with it latly) I've found out I was in the wrong mode with the tool. I need to be in road test state to be OK. The manual is unclear about that. What I was getting was an idle the was high enough I had to really put pressure on the brake pedal to keep it from going into the car ahead of me at a stop. I'll get to it soon and we will see how it goes.
still got to get that sticker
IBBY
Old 07-24-2010, 03:27 PM

hello Cottoneers; After I took the OTC off my idle is still a little high but I'll play with that later.But alot better. Jack let's ck. that iron clad memory bank of yours. When you fixed my horn how far into the colum did you have to go and exactly what did you do to fix it? I got a sticker but there's some kinda short in the blinkers were one side does'nt work and when you put that side on my backup lights cum on. And that side is very dim.
I think it might be a short in the colum.
what do you think?
IBBY
Old 07-26-2010, 03:00 PM

hello people; Jack are you on VA CA?
IBBY
Old 07-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Married Man

Quote:
hello people; Jack are you on VA CA?
IBBY
I wish... sorry, forgot about u.... almost..

I would check the lites in the back, me thinks the lite plugs may be in the wrong holes or a single or double fillament bulb may be in the wrong hole. Check the bulbs and the sockets first.As far as the horn ring install being a problem... anything is possible, but we have installed about 100 of them without any problems.... let me know..
Old 07-28-2010, 10:32 AM

hello Jack; Are you saying you had the rear lights out?
IBBY
Old 07-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Married Man

Quote:
hello Jack; Are you saying you had the rear lights out?
IBBY
No, not at all, I'm just telling you what I have seen in the past. Much easier to start at the back where it is more accessable, than to remove the steering wheel to check the blinker assembly. The reverse lites are not related to the blinker assembly... other than possibly a ground in the rear lite harness... Hence my thought that something is going on in the rear...
Old 07-28-2010, 02:14 PM

hello Jack thanks for the quick cumback and that's how it should be. I'am first getting all the info. from what you did as some of it might have caused the problem. To refresh your memory and see what you think. new fuel pump and hot wire, body bushing and that meant cutting into the car,injectors, chip, fix horn. Have any other ideas other than what you already said.
How's business?
IBBY