TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Technical Forums > Suspensions, Street and Strip

Suspensions, Street and Strip This is where we talk about new and different suspension packages and what works best for your type of driving

Old 09-24-2008, 02:12 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceCarTA View Post
had similar issue with hoopers car with the rear that he put in the #2
it had southside bars on it and the relocate brackets were welded in place , car would pull dead right at launch , uppers were stock , and he had an atr bar but replaced with an HR bar
i noticed one day that the tires werent even spaced in the wheel wells and after some quick measuring with a fist and some fingers it surely was off , big time ...three fingers on passenger side to rocker and a fist on drivers

the fix was he cut the welds loose with a whizzer wheel and used a ratchet straps to pull the rear into alignment measured carefully to points on the frame then rewelded the brackets
hes been going straight out of the hole since
Did he notice any difference in his 60' after he did that or did it just correct his launch?
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 10-14-2008, 03:26 AM

Any new 60 foot updates?
Old 10-14-2008, 12:58 PM
I can't drive 55!

Yes, that 9.59 run my 60' was 1.393. Thankfully moving those contorl arms and resetting everything didn't effect my times. I was worried moving those lower south side bars up to the stock postion was going to have an ill effect on the short time. I did reset the pinion angle and I had e-mailed Paul Ferry for the instructions for the HR bar. He told me that most guys leave it neutral, but for my application to have a preload of two turns with me in the car. It worked perfect, went down straight and launched great.

Next year we will work on getting it lower.

BTW, again, awesome et and mph Sam!
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 10-16-2008, 04:41 AM

That had to feel good. Good luck to you.

Awesome MPH and Et back at ya!!