TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 04-09-2009, 12:50 AM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Colalillo View Post
You gonna need this soon, women are hard on cars. I am matching the gears to the horsepower curve

You get more gear choices with a 12 bolt over the 10 bolt.
I like your answer about the rear! Matching the horsepower, I have to remember that your one of the top TSM guys! Damn secrets....

And about the woman being hard on cars, Nicole said that she is going to "take it easy", but I am sure as soon as she gets a couple of passes under her belt in the car we'll see what the real meaning of "taking it easy" is!
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:08 AM
Nitro boy

Well, I'm back up and running after a week ( hard drive failure ). My mods for this year are an upgrade to a GTK850, 4 wheel Braer disc, and [hopefully within the next week or so], a cage from Jack and Brian. I'm also building a sub box for a Memphis Audio 12" w/ 400w amp. Going to have to wait on the cage to finish the box, as we built it to fit the spare tire location-----and I know it will have to be altered due to the cage location. This all needs to be done in less than 4 weeks. Eeeeeeeekkkkssss
Old 04-21-2009, 01:02 AM

Default 12 bolt is in

New rear end is built and in. Next get the drive shaft shortened up. I bet it is going to stop alot nicer now too!

Next step is put the downpipe back in and install the shortened shaft. Then we are ready to go!

Jack,
Keep all these part numbers handy, trbochrgd1 will be needed the same thing real soon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06.JPG (67.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 12bolt_in.JPG (73.3 KB, 16 views)
Old 04-23-2009, 01:41 AM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
New rear end is built and in. Next get the drive shaft shortened up. I bet it is going to stop alot nicer now too!

Next step is put the downpipe back in and install the shortened shaft. Then we are ready to go!

Jack,
Keep all these part numbers handy, trbochrgd1 will be needed the same thing real soon
Sam, that looks awesome! I think we will be living our racing season vicariously through you guys this year the way things are goin.....

p.s.

What's the cooler in the back for? Or is that one of those top secret TSM secrets.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 View Post

What's the cooler in the back for? Or is that one of those top secret TSM secrets.
It cools the flux capacitor

No just kidding. I put the trans cooler all the way inthe back of the car. Get the weight on the rear, and if it leaks the reartires will not run through the leaking fluid

Are coming to Bowling Green???
Old 04-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Fat Kid

Thumbs up This summer's projects

Jack and the team are taking care of my Cutlass this season.

I am Putting a turbo diesel in the VW, with a 5 speed.

I am going to change out the 327 (racing) in the Blue Impala with a street friendly 327 roller that I had built for the Cutlass. That is going in with a Muncie 4 speed with a new overdrive kit. It then needs a little help with the wiring, so hopefuly I'll straighten that out. I am going to wait on installing the 468 untill the Biscayne is ready, so I still have something to drive to some car shows. We (Pat Musi and I) are having a hard time getting the manifold for the injection.

Then it's on to the Biscayne. I have all the items for it already, except the interior. 327 EFI, 5 speed Tremec, with 3.08s.

I think that I will have to also do some work on my brother's (Doug) car too. He just bought his first classic car, a 1964 Chevelle wagon. Concrats to Doug, just don't ruin it like your other race cars!

Hope every one is well, and doing good. Also hope to see some of you guys at E-town. If I can make it.
One 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass,

One 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass,
One 1982 Volkswagen Pickup Turbo Diesel,
One 1990 Ford F250 With Banks help
One 1990 9C1 Red and White
Old 04-25-2009, 04:23 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
It cools the flux capacitor

Quote:
No just kidding. I put the trans cooler all the way inthe back of the car. Get the weight on the rear, and if it leaks the reartires will not run through the leaking fluid
Are coming to Bowling Green???
Good idea about the trans cooler. You guys are always thinking!

I would love to say that we are going, but the motorhome will not be ready in time and it's really tight right now. We were supposed to go to Lebanon Valley dragway for Memorial Day weekend and I don't even think were going to be able to do that. If we go out this year it will most likely be local @ Island Dragway. I really would like to make down to the Buick meet again @ E-Town in October. We had an awesome time last year.

Hopefully things pick up at my work by then....

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 04-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Nitro boy

Hey Michael. Hope to be able to get together with you and Nicole this summer. Even if you don't bring the GN, maybe we can still meet at the Valley and help Jack with some tuning ( more like be his pit monkeys ). He always seems to have some customers cars he needs to thrash. Then, there is always the after track dinner.
Mark came up Friday and picked up the GN. It's now in very capable hands, and I know I'll be satistfied. Brian
Old 04-26-2009, 07:21 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHynes View Post
Hey Michael. Hope to be able to get together with you and Nicole this summer. Even if you don't bring the GN, maybe we can still meet at the Valley and help Jack with some tuning ( more like be his pit monkeys ). He always seems to have some customers cars he needs to thrash. Then, there is always the after track dinner.
Mark came up Friday and picked up the GN. It's now in very capable hands, and I know I'll be satistfied. Brian
Believe me, we do too. We would love just to do like you said but, it's actually the cost of the hotel, food and fuel for both the truck and the race car at this point that is our worry. Even if I don't take the car, the hotel etc. expenses are still there. I know it sounds crazy but my buisness dropped off so much that we have to watch every expense right now.... Island is only about 45 minutes away from us so that is why I think we will be hitting there.

BTW Brian I pm'd you!

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 04-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 View Post
Believe me, we do too. We would love just to do like you said but, it's actually the cost of the hotel, food and fuel for both the truck and the race car at this point that is our worry. Even if I don't take the car, the hotel etc. expenses are still there. I know it sounds crazy but my buisness dropped off so much that we have to watch every expense right now.... Island is only about 45 minutes away from us so that is why I think we will be hitting there.

BTW Brian I pm'd you!
Take the hotel expense off the list for Musclepalooza..... we'll figure that one out... just get there..