TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 12-08-2007, 03:52 AM
I can't drive 55!

Default A-1000

Hey Jack, nice avatar! That turbo looks familiar! First I wanted to thank you, Brian,and the rest of your team for being so hospitable to me! (and Joe for buying us lunch!)
I looked up the A-1000, it said it was good on a forced induction fuel injected car up until 800 hp. If that is the case do you still think I need the Eliminator pump? Or is better safe then sorry.
I am going to remove the fuel cell in my other car tomorrow after I put the engine in the GN at the shop. I will tell you what size fuel lines they are. I am pretty sure it's a -10 an from the cell to the pump and an 8-an to the rail. But I will check. Are you or Brian going to duplicate for me the same fuel rail line set up in your car? I really like the way it looked.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 12-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 View Post
Hey Jack, nice avatar! That turbo looks familiar! First I wanted to thank you, Brian,and the rest of your team for being so hospitable to me! (and Joe for buying us lunch!)
I looked up the A-1000, it said it was good on a forced induction fuel injected car up until 800 hp. If that is the case do you still think I need the Eliminator pump? Or is better safe then sorry.
I am going to remove the fuel cell in my other car tomorrow after I put the engine in the GN at the shop. I will tell you what size fuel lines they are. I am pretty sure it's a -10 an from the cell to the pump and an 8-an to the rail. But I will check. Are you or Brian going to duplicate for me the same fuel rail line set up in your car? I really like the way it looked.
Thanks and Your welcome.

The 800hp are relatively new ratings, my guess is your model is 600HP, which was the original rate up until about 1-2 years ago... just make sure of the age. Fuel is nothing to play on the edge with.. yep, better safe than sorry.

Sounds good, I will make up from the filter to the rails for you, as well as setting up the regulater and lines there. I'm up to my eyeballs with tearing all the garbage out of that back corner this morning, need to get those shelves up before Monday. I blasted over to Costco after you guys left and picked up 3 more racks.... what a mess.... but I'm excited... have fun, if you need anything, give me a call or chase me down here... I like the Board.... can't forget anyone here.... Lorrie reads it and doesn't let me move until I respond... I like that, she's the best...
Old 12-08-2007, 03:36 PM
I can't drive 55!

Thank's, your right that pump is about 7-8 years old, I did just get it rebuilt but who knows what the ratings is. I don't want to chance it. Put me in for the eliminator pump when you send me the rails and the lines ok?

The board is fantastic. I feel bad calling you guys all the time,I know it kills alot of your day. At least this way it will be easier for you.

I just got done putting the new casper's harness in! It looks awesome, but getting all the new connectors and relays through that hole in the firewall was a challenge! 10 pounds in a 5 pound bag! Little finesse and it went in. Dropping the motor in next.

Thanks again you guys truly are the best! Keep you posted!
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:14 AM
I can't drive 55!

Default Fuel system and engine update

Have some pics of the engine in the GN. The fourth pic is the 8 gallon fuel cell I was talking about in my other car, I removed it today. The fuel line to the right is the vent, the one to the left is the return, they had that hose clamped to the stock return line. In picture 3 you can see the fuel line up front. I think it is a 8 -AN line? I guess I would also need from you the return going back to the tank. I was wondering if I should move the fuel cell over to the left alittle just in case I want to put the battery in the trunk? It was pretty dead center in the Grand Prix.

Well my wife and I are getting excited! It's really starting to come together.
keep you posted.

Thanks
Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GN Engine 016.jpg (58.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg GN Engine 015.jpg (62.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg GN Engine 001.jpg (63.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg fuelcell.jpg (53.2 KB, 14 views)

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Have some pics of the engine in the GN. The fourth pic is the 8 gallon fuel cell I was talking about in my other car, I removed it today. The fuel line to the right is the vent, the one to the left is the return, they had that hose clamped to the stock return line. In picture 3 you can see the fuel line up front. I think it is a 8 -AN line? I guess I would also need from you the return going back to the tank. I was wondering if I should move the fuel cell over to the left alittle just in case I want to put the battery in the trunk? It was pretty dead center in the Grand Prix.

Well my wife and I are getting excited! It's really starting to come together.
keep you posted.

Thanks
Michael
Excellent pics Mike, motor look's good in there. Lot better than in the back of your truck. The fuel lines look like #8's, we can run #10 for the feed and a # 6 or #8 for a return and get rid of all the stock lines. You don't have to cut a hole in your trunk for the sump, just mount the tank on 2" risers and you can run the pump and filters in the trunk, just cutting a couple small holes for the lines. I would mount the tank on the driverside and the battery on the pass. side. I'll see if I can post up some pics of my trunk and how we mounted everything.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:15 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
Excellent pics Mike, motor look's good in there. Lot better than in the back of your truck. The fuel lines look like #8's, we can run #10 for the feed and a # 6 or #8 for a return and get rid of all the stock lines. You don't have to cut a hole in your trunk for the sump, just mount the tank on 2" risers and you can run the pump and filters in the trunk, just cutting a couple small holes for the lines. I would mount the tank on the driverside and the battery on the pass. side. I'll see if I can post up some pics of my trunk and how we mounted everything.
Those pics would be awesome! #10 for the feed would be good and and #8 for the return. I am happy I didn't cut a hole in the trunk yet, it looks alot cleaner the way you described. I looked at the pics from the GM hightech article. What is the fuel line for in the left rear of the cell? My cell is capped off there. Fuel Drain? Is there a 2" riser kit for the cell or do I just fab my own?

Thanks
Michael

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 12-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Those pics would be awesome! #10 for the feed would be good and and #8 for the return. I am happy I didn't cut a hole in the trunk yet, it looks alot cleaner the way you described. I looked at the pics from the GM hightech article. What is the fuel line for in the left rear of the cell? My cell is capped off there. Fuel Drain? Is there a 2" riser kit for the cell or do I just fab my own?

Thanks
Michael
I used some alum. 2" square stock I had, need to get some more, I'll try to get some pics today. Is it next to a #8 in the sump, if so it is to feed a Y-before running into the 1st filter before the pump. I used one of the #8's for a drain, removed the other #8 and installed a #12 to feed the filter... pics coming...
Old 12-21-2007, 04:35 AM
I can't drive 55!

I also have a Kenne Bell hood mounted guage that was hooked up to the old fuel rail. Is there a provision for that on the regulator. Sorry forgot about that!

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 12-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Married Man

Quote:
I also have a Kenne Bell hood mounted guage that was hooked up to the old fuel rail. Is there a provision for that on the regulator. Sorry forgot about that!
Yep,should have a port for that..... can you give me a call mid morn.....
Old 12-21-2007, 12:36 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
Yep,should have a port for that..... can you give me a call mid morn.....

Will do!

New best 9.44 @ 143!