TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 05-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Nitro boy

Default ZEX turbo kit #82218

Thinking I'm going to get me one of these today. I'm going to call it "boost assist". Should shorten up the 60 fts.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:15 AM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHynes View Post
Thinking I'm going to get me one of these today. I'm going to call it "boost assist". Should shorten up the 60 fts.
Is it a 50 shot?
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Nitro boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 View Post
Is it a 50 shot?
It adjusts from 25hp - 75hp. You can also adjust @ what boost level it will disarm. There is also a pressure compensator that will adjust the fuel solenoid to changes in bottle psi. I'm going to start with the liitle jets. I wanted this kit to take some of the heat off the trans when staging.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Nitro boy

Been doing some thinking and talking. I'm going to look into having the XFI turn on the juice @ about 2,500 rpm and let the Zex boost control turn it off @ around 15psi. I'm also going to purge the nitrous into the front of the intercooler for added cooling instead of waisting it into the air like the import brothers. I might even get fancy and buy or make a bar set up for the purge so I can cool the intercooler on demand. Time will tell!
Old 06-01-2008, 03:21 PM
I can't drive 55!

Oh man, I am definetly interested in this one. I like the idea of purging it into the intercooler, two benefits in one.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 06-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Nitro boy

Well, after picking some brains yesteray, I know what I need to do to have the FAST control the nitrous activation. I'm headed to my local speed shop this morning to pick up some parts.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHynes View Post
Well, after picking some brains yesteray, I know what I need to do to have the FAST control the nitrous activation. I'm headed to my local speed shop this morning to pick up some parts.
Fill us in.... after we spoke yesterday, I though we should have thrown this in the tech section for FAST... then we could have gotten it documented for future access... I got some more info on it to... lets here what you got.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Nitro boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
Fill us in.... after we spoke yesterday, I though we should have thrown this in the tech section for FAST... then we could have gotten it documented for future access... I got some more info on it to... lets here what you got.
Well, here's what I have Jack. The XFI has Aux. ports to control diiferent componets. For my purpose, this is a better choice than the power adder control option, as it is less complicated. Aux 1 has 2 threshholds----TPS% and RPM. I will 0% the TPS and set the RPM activation to 2,600. Since the FAST activates external components by switching to ground, I will use a 30 amp relay as we talked about. This relay will power the ZEX control box through the arming switch to turn on the nitrous system. Nitrous will be apllied @ 2,600 rpm [via Aux 1 control], and the ZEX boost control will turn things off @ 10 psi. This will be my starting point for rpm and boost settings, as both will be fully adjustable. The only thing I need to do is substitute the TPS voltage signal to the boost switch, and this will be done by a hard wired12v to 4v reducer from Radio Shack along with an inline 500ma fuse to protect the control box. This will be like power braking the turbo with nitrous, so it's just give it the gas ang go. I'm going to spin up the boost with nitrous instead of rpm. Probably won't need this at the track, but on the street where you don't want to sit and build boost, it will rock!
Old 06-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Nitro boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
Feel free to put this in the Fast section.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Nitro boy

Jack, pin out #C24 [5v ref out]. Is this already used in our applications? I could use this pin for a 5v signal for the ZEX if not. Dig brother, dig!