TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 08-30-2008, 01:47 AM

Default Big thanks to Jack and Gerry!!!!!

Just got the new 66 S-trim turbo today, looks awesome! Thanks for getting it out to me super quick, should give me a few more days of tuning before it gets sacrificed to the pressure gods!

Sean Friesen
Powerstroke IC, Forged Stroker,GN 1's,Razor alky, XFI, 3.5" DP, Extrm stg2 tranny,TA Headers
PTC 9.5 N/L 3400 stall
Old 09-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLN 6 View Post
Just got the new 66 S-trim turbo today, looks awesome! Thanks for getting it out to me super quick, should give me a few more days of tuning before it gets sacrificed to the pressure gods!

Sean Friesen
NO kidding, that was fast.... hope you like it... let us know.. how it goes..
Old 09-02-2008, 03:11 PM

I would love to......got everything back together, new headgaskets/head studs, turbo,headers etc. Start the car up, runs like frickin garbage. SIGH.
Starts fine, sounds like it's running on 4 cylinders. Spark at every plug wire, noid light is fine on injector harness, no codes on Directscan. Pulled off # 2 and #4 plug wires, seems to run almost the same. Didn't touch the cam sensor, car ran perfect when I parked it.
Any ideas guys?
Powerstroke IC, Forged Stroker,GN 1's,Razor alky, XFI, 3.5" DP, Extrm stg2 tranny,TA Headers
PTC 9.5 N/L 3400 stall
Old 09-02-2008, 03:46 PM
I can't drive 55!

I am sure you already checked, but did you switch those two wires? Cracked plugs? Closed gaps? Not sure if you changed them or not, just a thought. I had a brand new set of plugs on my wifes GTA from A/C Delco and the ceramic was actually loose on two of the plugs. I had just put a Jasper motor in it and was going nuts to why I had a miss! I checked everything except for that! Good Luck!
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 09-03-2008, 01:39 AM

Plugs have about 25 miles on them, all look ok. I will replace them anyway I guess. Double checked plug wire numbers/coil pak orientation, injector harness, grounds, power for everything hotwired (fuel pump,injector harness,ign hotwire).
PTC 9.5 N/L 3400 stall
Old 09-03-2008, 02:02 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 View Post
I am sure you already checked, but did you switch those two wires? Cracked plugs? Closed gaps? Not sure if you changed them or not, just a thought. I had a brand new set of plugs on my wifes GTA from A/C Delco and the ceramic was actually loose on two of the plugs. I had just put a Jasper motor in it and was going nuts to why I had a miss! I checked everything except for that! Good Luck!
That's what I was going to suggest, thanks Mike...
Old 09-03-2008, 08:31 AM

Made some headway tonight. Used the Caspers coil tester, only 1 of 3 coil banks was firing at lower rpm. Finally traced it back to a bad 4 gauge splice from my alternator to my original 6 gauge batter cable to my starter. Here's to hoping........
PTC 9.5 N/L 3400 stall
Old 09-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLN 6 View Post
Made some headway tonight. Used the Caspers coil tester, only 1 of 3 coil banks was firing at lower rpm. Finally traced it back to a bad 4 gauge splice from my alternator to my original 6 gauge batter cable to my starter. Here's to hoping........
Anymore news...
Old 09-04-2008, 06:52 PM

Yep, got all the voltage/coilpak issue fixed. Cars runs the same. Finally found an intake gasket leak (wtf? never have I had one leak) got it apart last night at 3:15 am and it is back together setting up as we speak.
PTC 9.5 N/L 3400 stall
Old 09-05-2008, 07:20 AM

Got it all back together, finally runs perfect! That new 66 S-Trim hauls a pile of ass that's for sure! I'm sure the 10 degree C temps didn't hurt any lol.
25psi no knock on 91 octane/Meth. Really pulls different than the P-Trim, a tiny bit slower to boost, but makes up for it a warp speed.....
Thanks again guys!
PTC 9.5 N/L 3400 stall