TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 08-04-2008, 12:43 AM

I was looking through some of the Utube videos , seems like there were a few Buicks representing . Sorry I missed it .
Old 08-07-2008, 02:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to JL ws-6 Send a message via Yahoo to JL ws-6

I was the transam that raced in the first round with the black GN. I knew something had to happen to the car, because the car was right there, then disappeared.

Awesome car, sounds like there's a ton left too! I'm sure we'll see one another @ LVD sooner then later
Old 08-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL ws-6 View Post
I was the transam that raced in the first round with the black GN. I knew something had to happen to the car, because the car was right there, then disappeared.

Awesome car, sounds like there's a ton left too! I'm sure we'll see one another @ LVD sooner then later
Hey!!!! Great to see you found us. Congrats on making the 16 car field, and making it past 1st round. as you may have read here, Mike really has a car capable of much more, unfortunately we were not quite NHRA legal for the 9 second class, turning everything back was a trip. We were trying to run 10.0 but ya know how that can be with limited test and tuning... If it ever stops raining, we will see you at LVD, when do you go there and where are you from? Also, whats your name?
Congrats again on making Pinks!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Married Man

one more thing... what happened to you, did you hurt something...
Old 08-07-2008, 09:14 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:

Thanks! Your car was killer too! Yeah I have shifter issues. I tried to shift into second, thought I did but just bounced off the rev limiter!It's ok tho, I am happy to have gotten that far and especially not knowing what the car was going to run! I want a rematch! I hope to see you up at the Valley, but we usually go to Island dragway.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 08-08-2008, 10:05 AM

Jason Lambert, from New Britain CT. Long story short as to what happened in the semi final run.. bottle wasn't on The camera guys were putting a 2nd camera in and we were trying to change the bottle, got it in, pressure wa a little low, so the heater got turned on, no big deal. I got back in the car, the seatbelts were jammed under the camera equipment, and rich was rushing me to get going, by the time I got the seatbelt on he was at the window yelling let's go..... never turned the bottle on. My own fault, I even moved it into the passenger's seat so I could reach over and do it, which didn't seem to help any.

Car's been 9.6 @ 170 lbs heavier then it is now, so needless to say the 9.9 it ran on saturday, and teh 9.86 it ran on my one test run on friday aren't a real representation of what it's fully capable of. Just have to put the other jets back in the car and it should be back where it was if not faster with the plate kit that's on it now, but there's a directport fogger that will probably be on it pretty soon, which should bump it to a 9.4, faster if I want to hit it hard.

Your GN was a piece of art, I've always loved those cars, best part is you listen to one running, and ya can't tell if it's a 12 second car or an 8 second car, that to me is the best part. Noone ever thinks my transam is gonna run like it does, but the gn's still got me coverred in the sleeper department.

If you're aiming to get to a consistant 10.0, is there a class for that speed? I'm at the point that I could leave it turned back to run that type of class and never hurt anything, but I haven't heard of anything at that speed range. Epping has a 9.5 index which is what I want to run with the car, ya need a 9.4 car to really be competitive for the class so that's where I'm headed.

I'm up for a rematch if you are, but I know neither one of us is gonna leave the car's the way they were for the TV show. Sounds like you're got a solid 1/2 second left in that car, and I've got a bit left as well.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I can't drive 55!

Hey Jason, it sounds like you have a handfull with that car! I always loved those cars. Especially the 3 rd generation. My wife has an 89 GTA hardtop that we will be working on next now that my car is "done" That is crazy about your belts and your bottle! Hey it's awesome you made it that far tho. Who would have ever thought, right?!

Were not really aiming for the 10.0 range. We were trying to detune it to stay in that range due to I had no net in the car and I didn't have a competition license.(I am getting my physical tomorrow). Next time I go out I will be taking my license passes. After that I have 12 lbs of boost left, maybe more. The car is built to take it, I just don't know for how long tho. After all it is only a 109 block. I don't plan on running that much boost all the time. But I definelty want to know what she is capable of.

A rematch would be awesome. It does sound like both of our cars have alot left in them, I think that would make a great movie for youtube! Hope to see you in the pits!
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 08-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Married Man

Good to meet you Jason, you really have a nice looking car. I didn't get a chance to check it out, but certainly will next time we meet. It sounds like you and Mike should have a good run should you get a chance to run again. I have run the class up at NED before when it first started, enjoyed it but those big V8's didn't care to see me next to them at the starting line. If they were running close to the 8.90's they played games like you wouldn't believe, guess they didn't want to lose to a 6.... I could run that 9.50 class with mine, turn the boost down to about 15lbs and run it for a long time.. just have to cut the lite and not break out..

Are you going up to LVD for the 1320X race the 16th... I'm looking at it but not sure if the classes really fit my car. I think they ran the same race at Etown when we there and didn't have enough 8.50 or faster cars to fill the field, I could have qualified had I known at number 2 or 3...
Old 08-08-2008, 03:02 PM

I may go to the 1320x, I signed up for it so I know I can get in, still debating it though. I could sign up for the bracket class but that's not really my thing, be cool to be there just with all the fast outlaw cars and whatnot, track should be good with all those guys there.

The class @ ned, really to do well you need a consistant 9.4 tuneup, so that way when ya get a good light the only way the other guy is ahead if you is if he's gonna really break out, ya just have to know where to let off so you don't break out yourself.

It's a fun class, I have a couple friends that run it all season so it would be good to be able to get up there and race with those guys.

Mike's car sounds like it probably has a 9.3 in it if it gets pushed to the max, I know with the DP on the car as a 2nd stage I probably can push mine to a few 8 second runs, but that's gonna be it I think. I'm only running a stock GM ls2 block, no lsx motor under the hood, at least as long as this one stays together there isn't

I never would have thought I was gonna get picked to be honest, I got selected as one of the 6 cars to race out for the last 2 spots last year @ mir, but the car was broken ( header fitting exited stage left) and with a 1 inch dia hole in a primary thatwas aiming at the fuel lines, I wasn't gonna take the chance.

If ya happen to see me @ the track, please stop by, always nice to meet other guys with clean fast stuff Hell, ya never know my next car might be a GN, or if you guys ever venture into a 4th gen f body, I might have some useful stuff to share
Old 08-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Married Man

Quote:
I may go to the 1320x, I signed up for it so I know I can get in, still debating it though. I could sign up for the bracket class but that's not really my thing, be cool to be there just with all the fast outlaw cars and whatnot, track should be good with all those guys there.

The class @ ned, really to do well you need a consistant 9.4 tuneup, so that way when ya get a good light the only way the other guy is ahead if you is if he's gonna really break out, ya just have to know where to let off so you don't break out yourself.

It's a fun class, I have a couple friends that run it all season so it would be good to be able to get up there and race with those guys.

Mike's car sounds like it probably has a 9.3 in it if it gets pushed to the max, I know with the DP on the car as a 2nd stage I probably can push mine to a few 8 second runs, but that's gonna be it I think. I'm only running a stock GM ls2 block, no lsx motor under the hood, at least as long as this one stays together there isn't

I never would have thought I was gonna get picked to be honest, I got selected as one of the 6 cars to race out for the last 2 spots last year @ mir, but the car was broken ( header fitting exited stage left) and with a 1 inch dia hole in a primary thatwas aiming at the fuel lines, I wasn't gonna take the chance.

If ya happen to see me @ the track, please stop by, always nice to meet other guys with clean fast stuff Hell, ya never know my next car might be a GN, or if you guys ever venture into a 4th gen f body, I might have some useful stuff to share

Maybe we'll catch ya up at NED too.... as for the GN.... we can definitely hook you up with one... We do work on other cars as well, always welcome to come up and check things out... Saturdays are like hobby days when we aren't out racing..