TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 07-30-2008, 01:00 AM

Congrats to you all. It is a ton of work to get into the 9's. All in all you are making about 3 horsepower per cubic inch, that aint to shabby. Bottom line is you have to have your $h!t together to do that!!

Also the pressure is more intense when the camera is on. The car looks great I bet you are addicted now and faster times are right around the corner.

The fact that you made the field is amazing, I can not wait to watch this episode on TV any idea when it will be on the air waves?
Old 07-30-2008, 02:38 AM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Colalillo View Post
Congrats to you all. It is a ton of work to get into the 9's. All in all you are making about 3 horsepower per cubic inch, that aint to shabby. Bottom line is you have to have your $h!t together to do that!!

Also the pressure is more intense when the camera is on. The car looks great I bet you are addicted now and faster times are right around the corner.

The fact that you made the field is amazing, I can not wait to watch this episode on TV any idea when it will be on the air waves?
Thanks! It definetly was a pretty intense situation. I can't wait to get back to the track again. I just have to take care of a few things, like a window net and a competition license. I knew the car had it in it, I just didn't think it was going to happen then! There were a few insurpassable obstacles that we went through to get to that point and for me to actually race in the final 16, at least I thought so, but Jack just kept everything together. That's why he's the BIG DAWG!

I am not sure when it is going to air. As soon as I find out I will definetly post it up.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 07-30-2008, 02:07 PM
The Boss

I want to Congratulate both Mike and Nicole on their Pinks All Out success. It was a fantastic weekend. Getting the car into the 9's, getting picked for the show, being at Englishtown with hundreds of other racer's (it was the most crowded I have ever seen it), eating at Arnold's steakhouse,
seeing Mike wear the Big Dawg's fire suit, (it was like a part of Jack was in the car), seeing all the TV people, cameras, support staff, and most of all spending time with Harold, Patti, Mike, Nicole N., Nicole G., Brian, Diana and friends, and the many people who stopped by the Cotton Compound to say hello and wish both Mike and Harold good luck. I feel so fortunate to have been there, it was a very special weekend. I think Jack and I might try to have a Pink's Party at the shop when it will be shown on TV....
Mike did an awesome job driving his car, staying calm when things cropped up, and keeping his sense of humor about all the pressure when he was one of the lucky ones picked for the final 16. Being the only 6, surrounded by full blown race cars with their 8 cylinders.....
Keep up the great work Mike!
Old 07-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Married Man

Thanks Honey for filling in all the gaps I left out........ and properly completing my original post, you are the best!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 05:46 AM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBabe View Post
I want to Congratulate both Mike and Nicole on their Pinks All Out success. It was a fantastic weekend. Getting the car into the 9's, getting picked for the show, being at Englishtown with hundreds of other racer's (it was the most crowded I have ever seen it), eating at Arnold's steakhouse,
seeing Mike wear the Big Dawg's fire suit, (it was like a part of Jack was in the car), seeing all the TV people, cameras, support staff, and most of all spending time with Harold, Patti, Mike, Nicole N., Nicole G., Brian, Diana and friends, and the many people who stopped by the Cotton Compound to say hello and wish both Mike and Harold good luck. I feel so fortunate to have been there, it was a very special weekend. I think Jack and I might try to have a Pink's Party at the shop when it will be shown on TV....
Mike did an awesome job driving his car, staying calm when things cropped up, and keeping his sense of humor about all the pressure when he was one of the lucky ones picked for the final 16. Being the only 6, surrounded by full blown race cars with their 8 cylinders.....
Keep up the great work Mike!
Wow Lorrie, that was great! Both Nicole and I thank you very much! It truely was amazing the entire time, not just to participate in the event but to get to know yourself and Jack better and to meet new friends like Harold, Patti and Nicole G. We really felt like we were apart of a community and not just "going to the track to see what the car will do again". It was a milestone in our lives, actually a few. Getting into the 9's, and doing it on national t.v. representing the buick community and Cotton's Performance! Oh yeah and getting into the final 16! It doesn't get any better than that! It's funny that you said that about me, Lorrie, being calm under pressure and keeping my sense of humor. Guys at my work that were there said I should get the "Iceman" embroider on my fire suit when I get it! LOL! Does sound pretty catchy, and he is my favorite fighter (Chuck Liddel). Ok, again I can't stress enough with out Team Cotton there, who knows how far we would have gotten. A Pinks party is a fantastic idea.We would love to meet up with everyone again to relive that special day.

On a side note we were showing our daughter Alexis the video's of the weekend. Wouldn't you know that my daughter looked at the screen and said, "Hey, that's Jack". Yeah, she's 2. Were in trouble. Jack, I guess you leave a lasting impression with the ladies!

I have a video of that run against that TA from the final 16. You guys be the judge. Did I have him? If it was a clean pass (without the shifter malfunction), would I have been disqualified for running too fast?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1shAz-opCL8
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 07-31-2008, 04:35 PM
2 Lemon Ades...

Mike, I watched the video. You certainly looked like you were going to check out.
Congrats . . .
Old 08-01-2008, 09:28 PM

Nice job getting as far as you did .... The launch looked good , You had a shot.... CONGRATS!!!!!
Old 08-03-2008, 12:40 AM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_g View Post
Mike, I watched the video. You certainly looked like you were going to check out.
Congrats . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineborique View Post
Nice job getting as far as you did .... The launch looked good , You had a shot.... CONGRATS!!!!!
Thank's guys! I appreciate it! There is a great shot of my wheels up, here's the link to the post. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tur...ng-e-town.html

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 08-03-2008, 11:42 PM
I can't drive 55!

Well for some reason the video is off of youtube. It says the user deleted it.... but I didn't. I am trying to get it on again.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 08-04-2008, 12:13 AM
I can't drive 55!

Ok, lets try this again.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0lSrPzlj3E

New best 9.44 @ 143!