TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 06-14-2008, 06:12 PM
The Boss

Default Da Pinks Car first pass....

The lastest news from the track today:

Michael's car on his first full pass ran a 10.13 @ 132 mph with a soft launch on 17 lbs of boost.

Congratulations....wow!
Old 06-14-2008, 06:44 PM
2 Lemon Ades...

Awsome !! Soo many times on Pinks you see those guys pick a 10 sec feild to compete. Mikes there on the first pass.... Way to go
Thanks Lorrie
Old 06-15-2008, 02:10 AM
Nitro boy

Mike finshed with a 10.01 @ 134 + mph. Car got a little loose and he peddled it, or it would have been his first 9 sec pass. Air temps were in the 90's. All in all, it was a good day.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Married Man

Ok Guys, what a day..... I always go in tentative the first time out. Yesterday was no different, I had low expectations, just being happy if all went well and we made some mid 10 second passes would have been great.... We get to the track a little late, except for Brian.... he was on time.. .. Mike got the children area set up with his wife taking care of them... Mike and Brian are in the trailer checking out a little puddle of water under the car... My first response is what are you looking for... fire it up and lets get the car out of the trailer. Out she rolls, we warm her up and give a quick check over and out to the staging lanes. Unfortunately I had only 1 computor and my son was also setting up another customers car so the computor thing was a little bit of a pain in the butt. The plan for Mikes first pass was to roll off the line, basically no boost and to get the 1-2 shift in and recorded then lift. Mike worked it like a pro... checked the recording out, saw the fuel was way lean, added a bunch and sent him back out after checking all the engine fluid levels, filling the fuel cell. The plan.... launch a little more aggressively, use the trans brake, run it out if all feels well.... the result was a soft launch, a perfect run and a 10.13 @ 132.1 flashing on the scoreboard with 17-17.8lbs of boost..... I was elated to say the least. We had far exceeded what I thought we would run out of the box... Needless to say.. so wasn't Mike. The next pass with a little more tweaking was aborted, the trans brake did not hold and mike went through the lite.... the last run we just power breaked it, got a little squirrelly around the 1-2 shift lifted and hit again, closed out with a 10.01@134.something on 21lbs... not bad.. that was it for the day, the temps were in the 90's.. 93 with 62-65% humidity.. not exactly the best air ... I have to say, congrats to Mike, he did a fabulous job driving and anothe big thumbs up to Bob at RPE for building another killer motor..
Old 06-15-2008, 10:36 PM
I can't drive 55!

Well where do I start.... We just got back around 12:00 p.m. today, we stayed over in Albany. I could not be happier with the performance of the GN. I am BLOWN AWAY at the 17 lbs of boost pass, 10.13 @132. Unfortunelty like Jack said the transbrake wasn't holding so the next pass was aborted. I talked it over with Jack and he said to try to go up again and just use the foot brake. I didn't think it was going to run 10.01 @134 with a 1.51 60ft leaving off the foot brake with 21 lbs of boost, but it did! I am more than excited about the whole day. I couldn't have made it without the help of my wife, Nicole, yesterday and throughout the whole build. Also I have to thank Jack and Brian Cotton once again for a job well done. I feel like you guys are family. Another special thanks to Brian Hynes and Gabe Hynes for making the trip down from all the way up state New York to watch the whole thing! You are all the best. I can't wait for a cooler day (cooler than 93 degress). I think it has some huge potential for a low 9 sec time. Just think, I have another 9-10 lbs of boost to go and a transbrake to fix!
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 06-16-2008, 04:04 AM

Congrats Mike, what transmission and torque converter are you using?
Old 06-16-2008, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 View Post
Well where do I start.... We just got back around 12:00 p.m. today, we stayed over in Albany. I could not be happier with the performance of the GN. I am BLOWN AWAY at the 17 lbs of boost pass, 10.13 @132. Unfortunelty like Jack said the transbrake wasn't holding so the next pass was aborted. I talked it over with Jack and he said to try to go up again and just use the foot brake. I didn't think it was going to run 10.01 @134 with a 1.51 60ft leaving off the foot brake with 21 lbs of boost, but it did! I am more than excited about the whole day. I couldn't have made it without the help of my wife, Nicole, yesterday and throughout the whole build. Also I have to thank Jack and Brian Cotton once again for a job well done. I feel like you guys are family. Another special thanks to Brian Hynes and Gabe Hynes for making the trip down from all the way up state New York to watch the whole thing! You are all the best. I can't wait for a cooler day (cooler than 93 degress). I think it has some huge potential for a low 9 sec time. Just think, I have another 9-10 lbs of boost to go and a transbrake to fix!
Congratulations Mike, I know you have been working hard on the car, taking her to Jack and Brian was and is the best choice you could have made,( in my opinion) people like this are few and far between, again congrats. Jr.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Fat Kid

That's awsome! Shows what happens when the whole family gets together and achieves the goal. And sometimes surpasses it! Hope Father's Day was a good one for all.
One 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass,

One 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass,
One 1982 Volkswagen Pickup Turbo Diesel,
One 1990 Ford F250 With Banks help
One 1990 9C1 Red and White
Old 06-16-2008, 02:31 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUKLRSIX View Post
Congrats Mike, what transmission and torque converter are you using?
Thanks! I am running a 400 with a transbrake,(when it works) and a Neil Chance bolt together converter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGN View Post
Congratulations Mike, I know you have been working hard on the car, taking her to Jack and Brian was and is the best choice you could have made,( in my opinion) people like this are few and far between, again congrats. Jr.
Thanks! I couldn't agree with you more. I don't think you could find better people in the Buick buisness then the Cotton's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impaloligist View Post
That's awsome! Shows what happens when the whole family gets together and achieves the goal. And sometimes surpasses it! Hope Father's Day was a good one for all.
Father's day was awesome. Thanks! It just made it that better that my wife and kids were there.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 06-16-2008, 04:17 PM

congrats Mike..has to feel great having something turn out better than u expected