TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 02-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Nitro boy

Default M/T drag radials

Where is the best source for these. I'm thinking 275-60-15 rear with skinnies up front. Thanks
Old 02-28-2008, 09:58 PM
I can't drive 55!

I have always gotten my slicks/drag radials from Jegs. Always had good luck with them....Well at least for that, cam shaft kits for turbo buicks are another story.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 02-29-2008, 01:11 AM
Nitro boy

Honestly, I did not check Jegs. I looked @ Summit, and didn't see them. I'll have to look tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:44 AM
Da Big Cheese

MT et street radials are on a nationwide backorder, have been since last october

except for a few of the less popular sizes youll have to do a lot of searching and maybe trade in some favors to get ahold of a set of 275/60s that someone might have stashed away and dont expect them to be cheap , last i heard was 500 a set on the few 28s left

check this thread
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/bra...ack-order.html
the 87 ttop ,1.37 6.0@ 114 9.45 @ 141.9 25 psi !!
109 235cu .gn1 alum, certified roll cage .
the 87gnx'd FAST B2B TA49 ..back to all stock original #s 109 and trans hipro w stagerite
the 87 GN ttop ..all stock with vac brakes
86 WH1 mini tubbed roll caged 109, extreme 2004r
all on pump 93 and alkycontrol
Old 03-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Nitro boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceCarTA View Post
MT et street radials are on a nationwide backorder, have been since last october

except for a few of the less popular sizes youll have to do a lot of searching and maybe trade in some favors to get ahold of a set of 275/60s that someone might have stashed away and dont expect them to be cheap , last i heard was 500 a set on the few 28s left

check this thread
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/bra...ack-order.html

I found this out quickly. Fortunately, M/T is not the only "Drag radial". I have been looking at the Hoosiers and M&H's. I really like the looks and dimensions of the Hoosiers. Wish there was some feedback on these.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Nitro boy

Well, I ordered Hoosier DOT drag radials today. I had to verify that they did indeed have a DOT stamping, 'cause thay look too close to a slick. Good thing my car gets limited use and no wet roads.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Nitro boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceCarTA View Post
Found out today, that M/T is recertifying all their DOT drag radials. It appears that there is no realistic release date in site. Maybe they are waiting to release their winter "Snow radials".
Old 03-05-2008, 01:33 AM
delinquent taxpayer

you scared me. I need new MT 325 DRs for Spring. Summit has em next day ship. I don't know about those Hoosiers, the warning on hoosiers site about public road use would make me go MT since they are actually meant for street driving when needed. I never saw a pic of the hoosier though.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:34 AM

I'd like to put the 295-50-16 on my kirbans but it looks like I willl be waiting.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Nitro boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo View Post
you scared me. I need new MT 325 DRs for Spring. Summit has em next day ship. I don't know about those Hoosiers, the warning on hoosiers site about public road use would make me go MT since they are actually meant for street driving when needed. I never saw a pic of the hoosier though.
I did not check on 325's, but he did say there are a few non popular sizes available. Not saying 325's aren't popular, they are just too big for my GN. Did they confirm the 325's in stock, or are you going off the web site? My M&H tires had the same warning about street use, and they have been on my car for years. I believe it's due to the lack of grooving in the rubber, which is alright for the way I use my car.