TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Technical Forums > Transmissions and Torque Converters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Transmissions and Torque Converters Tranny and torque converter tech support

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by turborambler View Post
I have a 400 with a manual valve body along with 28" tall tires and a 3:73 gear. I kinda wish I had the 200 when driving on the street with the gears I have. It seems to rev kinda high when just cruising but my car is loud anyway so it may be that along with not having insulation and nice stuff like a GN body. I am thinking of either going to a 3:23 gear or rebuild my 200 and go back to that. I do like the bullet proof-ness <-(is that a word?) of the 400 and the rock solid shifts from the manual valve body. Having 4th gear with the 200 would be nice though.

I have a B&M quick silver and it will work with a 3 and 4sp tranny by changing one little bolt on it.

Thanks - Ross
hey Ross,

What are you using for a converter, brand and stall. If you have a good converter, as in the correct stall, and with new technology, cruising can be enjoyable again. I noticed with some of the cars we've changed to the 400 converters are huge... when it comes to cruising. I don't think the gear change will benefit you overall.
Happy Holidays,