TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Technical Forums > Electronic Tuning

Electronic Tuning Chips, scan tools, aftermarket engine management

Old 10-17-2010, 08:33 PM

Question Can a FAST activate a shift light ?...

I just ordered an Auto Meter shift light for my car along with a "Rpm Activated Module" into which you plug the rpm "pills" to activate the shift light. My question is: Is it true that the shift light can be activated by the FAST XFI ?... If yes, I'll keep the light, but return the unneeded module and pills...
Also, if "yes" to my first question, then how do I enable the FAST to turn the shift light on?

Thanks,

Claude.

P.S: Someone replied to me on the "TB.com" site saying that all I need to do is to "Get a wire into pin "B1" and wire it to one side of your shift light,and wire the other side to key on power.
Go into your XFI and set the AUX output 1 to the RPM you wish it to light at."....That's correct? Also, I'm not sure if pin "B1" is in the ALDL connector under the dash, or pin "B1" in the XFI harness or the XFI unit itself?? I'd need a pin to plug into the empty slot in the harness connector @ the b1 pin of the xfi...
2012 Lincoln MKX

Last edited by toofastforyou; 10-18-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:59 PM

Question

Well, I found my answer by reading the FAST XFI instructions. In chapter 21.0 on "Aux. Outputs" it is explained how to make a shift light function. The only thing I'm not sure about is if there already are some provisions to plug a wire into pin "B1"... Am I supposed to check for a connection into the harness or the FAST unit itself?
Other than that, it appears pretty simple.

Claude.
2012 Lincoln MKX
Old 10-22-2010, 01:04 AM

Default xfi

you have to add a pin into the harness at the specified point, they come with a wire attached

Greg
Old 10-22-2010, 03:21 AM
Married Man

Thanks Greg, right on. Hey Claude, sorry been traveling out to the west coast, in Bowling Green now.. been out of the shop for over a week. No problem on the lite, I have the pins with the wire attached as Greg mentioned. I have hooked one up before but believe Harold Z has one in his car. We can double check with him next week. Maybe he can give us some first hand tips on that. Either way, I'll be back Monday and we can speak when I get back. Havin a good time, but sad my partner has to work.. The car is running great...
Old 11-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Nitro boy

Claude, the B1 pin for XFI aux activates to ground. You wil have to supply power to 1 side if the light
Old 11-26-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHynes View Post
Claude, the B1 pin for XFI aux activates to ground. You wil have to supply power to 1 side if the light
Thanks Brian...I already made a small bracket for the shift light. Right now, it's being powdercoated, and when I get it back, all there will be left for me to do is install the light, route one wire to a 12v. source and the other wire somewhere close to the XFI and wait 'till next spring when I'll bring the car to Jack (for the TH-400) so Brian can connect that wire to the "B1" post in the XFI harness, using the special pins Jack mentioned in his previous post, and hopefully everything should work.

Thanks and take care!...

Claude.
2012 Lincoln MKX