TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 02-01-2009, 07:19 PM

Default jack alky help

hello jack greg from pittsburgh..how ya been? welp i have a problem with the alky kit i got off u in july and was wondering if you could help! everything lites up the box and red dot but it wont spray no lite turn green and even in test mode no stumbel would appreciate some help also doe this kit have a 1yr warranty im lucky since i got it if i put 150 mile since i got car back thxs greg

o ya also when i put the car away in july alky would spray but light would stay red on a pilliar wouldnt turn green....drove car today and nothing
Old 02-02-2009, 04:53 PM

This is the basic way to test the system.

1) Start engine
2) Place blue gain knob on position 8
3) Press and hold the test button until the engine stumbles/changes idle

The Power Injection bulb should illuminate, the Turnon LED should light Red..

Once the system pressurizes to 40 PSI pressure, the LED will change from Red to Green. This may or may not happen using the test button. The test button simulates the system activating.

If the engine stumbles with above test, take car for a ride and bring up the boost.. watch the LED activate at 6-7 PSI and then as the boost keeps climbing the LED should change from Red to Green. Once the LED is changing from Red to Green.. bring knob down to desired level.

Sometimes a little trash can make it into the pump, the valves can get an air pocket trapped under them cuasing the pump to not output. If the pump is not leaking, then 99% of the time its trash/debris or trapped air.

If the above test using the test button doesnt work on position 8, next is the high pressure test.

Leave the blue gain knob on "8"

1) Disconnect hose from up-pipe place end into a suitable container. Empty water jug, plastic tank, etc.
2) Turn Ignition switch to ON.. engine does not have to run.
3) Unplug the 3 bar MAP sensor and you'll need to jump the green to gray pins in the plug. You can use a small piece of bare wire, a paper clip, etc. What this does is apply 5v(gray) on the signal(green) simulating 30 PSI boost. This will run the pump at full speed.

You'll hear the pump spin up.. and move liquid. If you hear the pump and no liquid comes out... then you have a pump issue.

Post back your results. If you feel the pump may have gotten trash into into it, the head dis-assembles easily by backing out the allen head screws.. lifting it.. pulling out the valve.. and rinsing in plain water. Then re-assemble. There is no specific way, so you cant get into trouble. Else, send us the pump for inspection. There is no charge to test pumps in/out of warranty. Just a 10.00 fee to cover shipping it back. If the pump is under warranty it will be replaced if it has any defect. If its just trash.. we'll clean it out.. bench test it.. ship it back out.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:26 PM

did all u said and i got nothing!! can i have an address to send pump back to you thxs greg