TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 08-28-2008, 06:35 PM

Default ESC values for knock retard with XFI

Hi Jack,

Can't seem to dig up this information directly elsewhere so I thought I'd see what you're running.

I need to set the ESC parameters in FAST and am using values of:
  • Max ESC retard: 15
  • ESC Attack rate: 3.00
  • ESC Decay rate: 2.00
But suspect I'm way too aggressive on the attack rate. Do you happen to know what parameter values GM used (or what you've found to work well with XFI)?

Hoping for a 9.99 pass on E85 only this weekend at E-town. The whole gang of us will be there under our big red tent.

All the Best,
Scott Scrivner
Old 08-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott GN231 View Post
Hi Jack,

Can't seem to dig up this information directly elsewhere so I thought I'd see what you're running.

But suspect I'm way too aggressive on the attack rate. Do you happen to know what parameter values GM used (or what you've found to work well with XFI)? Hoping for a 9.99 pass on E85 only this weekend at E-town. The whole gang of us will be there under our big red tent.

All the Best,
Scott Scrivner
Hey Scott,

Welcome, good to see you here. I look forward to watching that 9.99 pass. Your ESC parameters, look pretty good, actually, I usually set the decay around .50. If you do get some false knock, it will take 10 seconds before your timing comes back. You are welcome to bring your logs down, I'll be happy to take a look. See you there rain or shine..
Old 08-29-2008, 12:45 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks Jack.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott GN231 View Post
Hi Jack,

But suspect I'm way too aggressive on the attack rate. Do you happen to know what parameter values GM used (or what you've found to work well with XFI)?

Hoping for a 9.99 pass on E85 only this weekend at E-town. The whole gang of us will be there under our big red tent.

All the Best,
Scott Scrivner
Scott, did I miss you.... don't remember seeing you. Saturday was a blur, was out of mind all day with no sleep and about 8 cars to tune on. Sunday was not much better, but we had a very good day. Everyone seemed to run pretty good with one customer getting bounced for being way to fast and another getting several warnings to slow it down. We had one customer making license runs with a 109 block, finishing up with a final run of 9.65@139. The Pumpkin ran great, although it hooked for chit...
How did you do? I saw a few guys, but didn't really get a chance to identify any cars as I spent every spare moment running from car to car and tuning....