TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Technical Forums > Buick Turbo Tech

Buick Turbo Tech General technical support for the 86-87 Buick turbo cars

Old 12-06-2011, 02:09 PM

Default 86 gn

my buick went into a skip, wires and plugs are all new, is it possible that module or dispak went bad and if so what kind of test will prove it. Thanks
Old 12-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex715 View Post
my buick went into a skip, wires and plugs are all new, is it possible that module or dispak went bad and if so what kind of test will prove it. Thanks
Did it begin skipping after you replaced the plugs and wires? Also, the coil pack and or the module can go bad and be a source of skipping. You can try ohming out your coil pack but there is other test equipment that we carry since we work on them everyday..
Old 12-10-2011, 02:29 PM

Default Alex715

Jack, it went into a skip before I changed the wires and plugs, this is a one owner car with only 6,000 miles on it, it has never seen rain or snow always garaged, I bought it 6/9/1986 and never drove it much, would like to get it to your shop for some work as you seam to be about the best around on the gn's
Old 12-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex715 View Post
Jack, it went into a skip before I changed the wires and plugs, this is a one owner car with only 6,000 miles on it, it has never seen rain or snow always garaged, I bought it 6/9/1986 and never drove it much, would like to get it to your shop for some work as you seam to be about the best around on the gn's
Ok, could even be an injector, but I hate ot see you keep replacing parts on a guess. If you are within driving distance than it would make sense to take a ride over, where are you located?
Old 12-11-2011, 02:10 PM

Default Alex715

jack, I am located in acushnet,Mass next to new bedford, don't know if it would be wise to drive it to your shop, would not want to cause any damage without knowing what the problem is, or maybe put it on a trailer or ramp truck, what's your thoughts........ Jesse@ J&J Truck Repair Inc