TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 06-23-2008, 02:15 PM

Default What A Weekend

Just came back from Laconia yesterday.....the plan was to ride up from here to a friend's place about an hour outside Laconia. We left later than I wanted to, and 5 minutes into the ride we got soaked....continued on for another ten minutes before I got stuck at a light and lost my buddy who was in front of me....rode for quite a bit til I got smacked in the face with hail at 45 mph...much of the same til I stopped just b4 I got into NH to try to get hold of my buddy..no answer but said he was behind me in a msg he left....waited 45 mins, then took off...got stuck in no fewer than 6 more violent thunderstorms....white knuckling it the whole way and shivering...foul weather gear was in my truck another buddy was driving up..also nowhere to be found..finally made it up and found both of them drinking a beer and looking all nice and warm...turns out they threw his bike in the back of my rig and drove up...he rode 15 miles...i was ready to kill somebody....poured about 3 gallons of h20 out of my boots,grabbed a beer and changed..stopped shivering about 3 hrs later...once up there ride was decent saturday, was approached at a stop line by a dozen Hells Angels commenting on my "sewing machine", both Hardley's I was with broke down, had to ride back and pick up my truck, so I could put one in the back and get home...all in all, not too bad for a first time at Laconia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Fat Kid

Default Ditto

Sucks about the weather, on your trip. Also about Scott Kalitta this weekend at Englishtown. At the GM Nationals this weekend, we saw some interesting cars. 2 GNX cars, one was #321 and the other was built for the guy who owns four (4) 1963 Chevy Impala Z-11 cars (of the 24 known to still exist, 57 total built). Also, a GM concept car, an El Camino SS, based on the 1994 to 1996 Impala SS. GM had a Heritage collection there. Most of those cars were pulled off the line and stored in a building somewhere. It was the 50th Annirversary of the Impala. Of course there were hundreds of Camaros and Firebirds. I actually didn't see any 3.8 turbo-birds, I guess that I missed them. Hendrick Motorsports had a twin turbo Impala SS on there pad. I also missed Linda Vaughn and Pam Hardy ("Grumpy" Jenkins was at E-town this weekend), who were there signing pictures and stuff. 327 "fuelies", 409's, 3.8 SFI's, etc.
One 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass,

One 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass,
One 1982 Volkswagen Pickup Turbo Diesel,
One 1990 Ford F250 With Banks help
One 1990 9C1 Red and White