TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 12-30-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Scan tools

Hi Jack,
There are so many scan tools out there, and I am considering the Pro logger.
Do you sell this or have an opinion on it? What do you think is the best scan tool which is user friendly.
Thanks
Dan
Old 12-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Morgan View Post
Hi Jack,
There are so many scan tools out there, and I am considering the Pro logger.
Do you sell this or have an opinion on it? What do you think is the best scan tool which is user friendly.
Thanks
Dan
Dan, I like the scanmaster, it's easy and simple to use. You don't need a laptop and can usually get all the info you need for tuning. What do you have for performance upgrades now? Also, what is it you want to do, performance wise down the road?
Old 12-30-2007, 01:14 PM

Modifications are TA49, 009 inj, reds chip 93 and 107, 3" THDP, Hooker dual exhaust, RJC power plate, Duttweiler neck on smic, 100 # valve springs, hot wire kit, reds fuel pump and adj regulator. The car has 38K original miles and has been into the 11's. I just picked up an SMC alky kit and need to tune it, and that is the reason for a scan tool. I can only get .44 @ idle and 420 WOT on the tps - I tried two and ovaled out the holes. I thought about maybe tootsie roll the tb stop?? when I get 460 wot the idle goes over 100???? I dont want to hurt the car with the alcohol but I plan to go to English Town and Atco this spring..
Thanks for the help
Old 12-31-2007, 10:49 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Morgan View Post
Modifications are TA49, 009 inj, reds chip 93 and 107, 3" THDP, Hooker dual exhaust, RJC power plate, Duttweiler neck on smic, 100 # valve springs, hot wire kit, reds fuel pump and adj regulator. The car has 38K original miles and has been into the 11's. I just picked up an SMC alky kit and need to tune it, and that is the reason for a scan tool. I can only get .44 @ idle and 420 WOT on the tps - I tried two and ovaled out the holes. I thought about maybe tootsie roll the tb stop?? when I get 460 wot the idle goes over 100???? I dont want to hurt the car with the alcohol but I plan to go to English Town and Atco this spring..
Thanks for the help
No doubt a scanmaster will work fine. I think the TPS is adjustment is just technique.... When you loosen the 2 bolts securing it, you must 1st push the TPS from the rear all the way forward and hold it forward when you adjust it. That should get your WOT numbers into the acceptable range.