TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Technical Forums > Buick Turbo Tech

Buick Turbo Tech General technical support for the 86-87 Buick turbo cars

Old 06-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Married Man

DAAAAAmn......... thats one finicky be-otch..... looks like you need time out... I'm here when ya ready... we'll get her straight. Go bang some bad guys around....
Old 06-03-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
DAAAAAmn......... thats one finicky be-otch..... looks like you need time out... I'm here when ya ready... we'll get her straight. Go bang some bad guys around....
if she stays running ill be over around 3
Old 06-03-2008, 11:20 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecobra98 View Post
i hear ya, but at this point what I WANT is taking a back seat to what i NEED...i need this car to run right
Believe me, I understand. I wish the best of luck. I am sure Jack and Brian can figure it out.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 06-04-2008, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 View Post
Believe me, I understand. I wish the best of luck. I am sure Jack and Brian can figure it out.
not surprised...easy fix for them...nut backed off adj fuel reg...fuel pressure too low...but the real problem i've been chasing..the fuel smell and emissions failures...GUTTED CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should have paid more attention seeing as the rest of the system was hacked when I bought it, but in my excitement to own one I overlooked the ez stuff...new cat from Jack on there now, and amazing, no gas smell, only took it around the block though...more time thursday...thanks once again Jack...you are the F'in man!!!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 02:28 AM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
How many ppm were the hc's at? You think the cat was ever tampered with?
Maybe try decarbing with GM top engine cleaner?

!!!!!
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
!!!!!
i wont smile too much until i get the sticker, then I can get stuff I WANT not NEED!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Nitro boy

Nothing worse than spending money on things you have to have. Takes all the fun out of life! Good luck with your E test.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHynes View Post
Nothing worse than spending money on things you have to have. Takes all the fun out of life! Good luck with your E test.
good thing is, no matter how much I've already spent, the stuff I did spend the dough on were things I needed to do anyway, so it's not like I wasted it...if it clears up today i'll fire her up and hopefully get me a sticker..then bye bye emissions chip, hello fun
Old 06-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecobra98 View Post
good thing is, no matter how much I've already spent, the stuff I did spend the dough on were things I needed to do anyway, so it's not like I wasted it...if it clears up today i'll fire her up and hopefully get me a sticker..then bye bye emissions chip, hello fun

We're not out of the woods yet, but heading in the right direction.... when you are ready to go, let me know, maybe I'll take a ride over with ya...
Old 06-04-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
We're not out of the woods yet, but heading in the right direction.... when you are ready to go, let me know, maybe I'll take a ride over with ya...
i hear ya...i dont want to count my chickens before they are hatched, but definitely more confident now with the new cat..thanks again Jackalope